New Honda Mower

willland

• Moderators

Years ago I helped my aunt cut her grass with her Honda self propelled. It almost killed me, high speed was almost a slow jog and slow was real slow, the mower was great I was just out of shape to go on high for to long. I don't think you could kill that mower.

I have to much grass to cut so I use a kubota with a 72" finishing mower, with a comfortable seat and drink holder and a roof to keep cool, ya know how old people do it. :blush2:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Bought the same mower after getting rid of the Ryobi first generation cordless mower broke down. Thing was a beast to move around with it's lead acid battery.

Went to this Honda and it was night & day difference. Louder but more power and much lighter to maneuver. On a turn it won't tear up the grass. I also like the self propel feature. 

• Like 1

On 4/23/2018 at 8:18 AM, Ceptorman said:

I use ethanol free gas for all my small engine tools and toys.

I wish I had a station close. 17 miles each way west or north. Being in the petrochemical business for 24 years I despise the business model and performance of ethanol.

Honda, Stihl and Kubota on my farm.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Cut some today, grease it before cutting every time. This past winter I rebuilt the working parts of the finishing mower,  3 new blades, 3 complete sets of bearing for the spindles. Sounds quieter now, first time I changed the bearings in 10 years, but I do grease them before every use, probably why they lasted so long. 

I decided to do this to extend the life because I did look up a new one and had sticker shock, I fix what I can being cheap, no reason to waste money. :emotion-21:

• Like 1

• Moderators

Oh OK, thank you, after a certain point I stopped looking. I'm surprised whenever I see that number, I think they added some, it don't feel like it's been 15 years either ? I'm a slow learner. :blush:

Time goes by fast, there's an old guy in the mirror now.