How much are Rf82's worth.

vigiano

53 minutes ago, vigiano said:

Low Angeles.

Typo or Freudian slip?  You make the call.  :P

"The speakers have never been moved since taken from boxes."

That's incredible!  Nice job! 

When selling older speakers condition is everything.  Buyer want well-kept speakers like yours.

You picture wasn't helpful due to the white screen bleaching out the clarity of the speakers, but that's not a big deal, it's easy to take a few more pics.

To sell them properly take pics of each speaker, front, back side and top.  Be sure to get a close-up of the label so people can read the model and serial number.  Get a picture with the grills on, another with them off.  With RF-82's in good condition as yours obviously are you want pics that can show off that condition.

The bad news for resale is generally I found California to be a soft market so you might not get top dollar.  Of course all you need is one motivated Buyer.  The other soft market is usually Chicagoland area, and for some reason Texas seems to command retail plus, I'm not sure why.

Price them a little higher than what you want then negotiate down to the real price that you want.  Good luck. 

+++

It's funny that Emotiva amp (XPA-5?) stands out with the blue glow and that aluminum trim.  You haven't played those speakers loud, have you?  B)

32 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

The bad news for resale is generally I found California to be a soft market so you might not get top dollar.

I live in Southern California, used Klipsch speakers are almost always priced at the high here, we rarely get the deals I see elsewhere.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Rich_Guy said:

I live in Southern California, used Klipsch speakers are almost always priced at the high here, we rarely get the deals I see elsewhere.

Thanks for the heads-up.  I try to keep with those those little things and local guys are always the best source for information.

Of course my talking about "California prices" is like talking about "Canada prices."  Big place. 

Low Angeles. The speakers have never been moved since taken from boxes.

The speakers are used 95% for tv and about 2 hours a week on music at -40 dB on a marinara 7007 with an Emotva Xpa3 forthe front speakers. They get turned up loud for a song or 2 and are clear as a bell..

1 hour ago, Boilermaker86 said:

To give you an idea, I recently sold 2 RF-82 IIs and an RC-62 II center for $700 in Florida.

To be clear, did you sell the three pieces for $700 total?  You made $50 selling them used after buying them new?  Wow.

If not a package price, how do you separately value the pair of RF-82 II, and the R-62 II?  Just curious about used Klipsch prices. 

I just checked Frys and the RF-82 is $360 each for $720 pr and the RC-62 is $330 making for a package price of $1050, new.

11 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

To be clear, did you sell the three pieces for $700 total?  You made $50 selling them used after buying them new?  Wow.

If not, how do you separately value the pair of RF-82 II, and the R-62 II?  Just curious about used Klipsch prices. 

I just checked Frys and the RF-82 is $360 each for $720 pr and the RC-62 is $330 making for a package price of $1050, new.

Frys had a promo code that reduced the price of the RF-82 IIs to $450 free shipping and the RC-62 II for $200 free shipping. So in total I bought all 3 for $650. Heck of a deal but upgraded to the Rf-7 IIs. I was trying to get the deal you got but took too long to decide/convince the wife. Now I have the RF-7 IIs and happy with them over the RF-82 IIs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Boilermaker86 said:

Heck of a deal but upgraded to the Rf-7 IIs.

Heckofadeal is right!

Since you went directly from the RF-82 II to the RF-7II, what is your impression of the sound stage difference?

2 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Heckofadeal is right!

Since you went directly from the RF-82 II to the RF-7II, what is your impression of the sound stage difference?

I noticed two things:

1. Bigger sound, filled the room so much better. 

2. Bigger, better bass due to the two 10” woofers.

They just fit the room so much better. I have vaulted ceilings and a decent size living room. Plus I don’t have the feeling of ear piercing highs like I did with the 82s. I listen in pure audio mode (no sub) and stereo (with sub) to music and it keeps up with the bass on their own without sub. The drums in money for nothin really hit hard between the speakes (maybe that’s called better imaging ). The color and wood cabinet are real nice also. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Boilermaker86 said:

I was trying to get the deal you got but took too long to decide/convince the wife.

If I remember, I was trying to convince YOU to take that deal!

The difference between you and me is I didn't tell my wife when I was thinking about buying them.  I just made my arrangements and drove to Florida to pick them up.  She thinks I went to South Carolina to visit our son, which I did. 

Eventually.  B)

I told her the truth, from a certain point of view. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

If I remember, I was trying to convince YOU to take that deal!

The difference between you and me is I didn't tell my wife when I was thinking about buying them.  I just made my arrangements and drove to Florida to pick them up.  She thinks I went to South Carolina to visit our son, which I did. 

Eventually.  B)

I told her the truth, from a certain point of view. 

Yes, you snooze you get RF-7 IIs lol

• Haha 1

Low Angeles. The speakers have never been moved since taken from boxes.

The speakers are used 95% for tv and about 2 hours a week on music at -40 dB on a marinara 7007 with an Emotva Xpa3 forthe front speakers. They get turned up loud for a song or 2 and are clear as a bell..

I may give them to my son, but wouldn't ship them if I decide to sell. I had a chance to play the Ohm Walsh 2000s and they are incredible sounding. They work well with the Rc62 and Rs52s in surround for music and By. But when I played a record in Pure stereo and turned the Emltiva/Marantz up loud around 0-+5 dBm it was amazing I backed down from comedy sound to -10db-20db and could listen at any volume without fatigue. Great speakers. I give a lot of credit to the Klipsh Rf82s because they are crystal clear when using the Emotiva Xpa3 for the front stage and the difference between $1000 for Rf82s and $2800 for Ohm Walsh 2000s is significant.

On 5/1/2018 at 6:11 AM, pzannucci said:

Just sold a pair of RF-82 II for $450.  They only had about 3 hrs on them. Put them back in the box to move to a new location but decided on just parting with them.  

Who'd you sell 'em to, your brother-in-law?  Those go for about $400 each!

Someone just got some brand-new speakers in the @pzannucci sponsored 2-1 sale!

1 hour ago, wvu80 said:

Who'd you sell 'em to, your brother-in-law?  Those go for about $400 each!

Someone just got some brand-new speakers in the @pzannucci sponsored 2-1 sale!

Fry's has been clearing the RF-82 ii out for about a year now. $199-$229 new with free shipping in some cases.