Need some help

Moit

Tried one last thing before calling it quits for the night.

Removed the Tweeter and Mid wires to see if the bottom section was getting anything.

It was, it sounds like each component is try to reproduce all range of frequencies, like there is no XO.

Wondering if the transportation killed the old caps in the XO

I think the x-over needs new caps.....also the wiring needs to gone through to make sure its all hooked to + and - correctly. Then they need to be sealed into the corner with pipe foam including the horizontal part of bass bin. I power mine with a 1970s 25 watt HK 430 so anything can power them. Not sure how you moved them with the top hats on but if it was in back of a truck with 70 mph wind blowing on the drivers not good.

We need more pics of x-over to make sure they are wired correctly or to figure this out. New caps from Bob Crites should fix it write up. I would change it to a type A x-over myself. The washer on the mid range drive probably needs changed Bob has those. I used O-ring in mine but that's up to you. 

I think you said they are sitting on cement or hard floor i would recommend getting some thick furniture grippers to put on the bottom . 

Not sure why this happened after the move but stuff happens that you don't realize sometimes.  Here is schematic of a Type A x-over.   TypeA.jpg

ricktate - thanks for the response.

I am going to purchase new AA XO's from Crites - this way I can have the originals as well.

Planned on the "O' Rings as well.

Transported them in a 2011 Honda minivan (incredible what you can pack) 2.75 K-Horns with all the seats out/folded down.

1st K-Horn was positioned horizontal behind two front seats, on it side with front at our back seats.

2nd K-Horn was positioned on passenger side perpedicular face down.

These also came with a 3rd raw finished bottom, that was placed right side perpendicular face up to fit with 2nd K-Horn.

Tons of padding and blankets were used, all loaded by two young guys that work for a moving company.

The floor is a finished basement, so base floor is concrete with traditional carpet and padding.

I also have a HK-430 - these sound great.

• Like 1