Cornwall III distressed oak

Mikenorway

My hunch is that if the veneer is offered on another Heritage speaker, then why not??   Of course, it may cost extra and will probably have to wait until their next production run of CW's

Exactly. Don’t they use oak for the Black cornwalls? Instead of staining them black, they can do the distressed oak stain and simply use the lambswool grills. Even if it’s ash and not oak, it’s close enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Yes there is a ton of custom veneers that I can get, only problem is that many are expensive.  The potential issue with the distressed oak on Cornwalls is that I believe the wood for the Fortes comes in pre-veneered and happens to fit the Forte cut sheet properly.  I'm not entirely sure that you can take that same wood and turn it into a Cornwall.  It should be possible to get that finish but I'm just not entirely sure if it can be done at no additional cost.  

5 hours ago, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

Yes there is a ton of custom veneers that I can get, only problem is that many are expensive.  The potential issue with the distressed oak on Cornwalls is that I believe the wood for the Fortes comes in pre-veneered and happens to fit the Forte cut sheet properly.  I'm not entirely sure that you can take that same wood and turn it into a Cornwall.  It should be possible to get that finish but I'm just not entirely sure if it can be done at no additional cost.  

Not trying to get off topic, but if anyone should know the answer to this, it's you.

Does the distressed oak veneer on the FIII need to be oiled? Or better question, will I do any harm if I do oil it? I love the way it looks, but it appears awfully dry.

Shakey

4 hours ago, Shakeydeal said:

Does the distressed oak veneer on the FIII need to be oiled? Or better question, will I do any harm if I do oil it? I love the way it looks, but it appears awfully dry.

I think it would kill the look myself.  My house has beach house decor and I chose this finish because it gives off a driftwood vibe and feels complimentary.  Putting oil on it would change the sheen and color most likely.  I wouldn't do it myself but it may be cool. :)