Must see documentary

K5SS

13 minutes ago, Mallette said:

Evolution made humans basically garbage recycling machines. It is not about what you eat, but what you do after you eat. Most people today eat like they are about to go out and plow a hundred acres with a mule...then go sit on a couch and drink beer. Diet will not help with that. 

Dave

I agree.  I sometimes wonder if exercise, itself, helps the body decontaminate.  

I know it isn’t for everyone, that’s for sure. Just found some of the information very helpful. 

I started intermittent fasting about 8 months ago and cutting about 80% of the carbs out of my diet and I am down a little over 55 lbs. 

When I stepped on the scale and it said 247, I made some serious diet changes. With my height, 6’, I should weigh around 185 lbs and I am currently sitting at 192. Another month or two and I will be at my goal weight and that is when I start working with a trainer to start getting shape, not just weigh less.

I just wish I would have seen this documentary earlier because I could have used some of the information, which would have made the process a little easier.

13 minutes ago, K5SS said:

I know it isn’t for everyone, that’s for sure. Just found some of the information very helpful. 

I started intermittent fasting about 8 months ago and cutting about 80% of the carbs out of my diet and I am down a little over 55 lbs. 

When I stepped on the scale and it said 247, I made some serious diet changes. With my height, 6’, I should weigh around 185 lbs and I am currently sitting at 192. Another month or two and I will be at my goal weight and that is when I start working with a trainer to start getting shape, not just weigh less.

I just wish I would have seen this documentary earlier because I could have used some of the information, which would have made the process a little easier.

Congratulations on your success.  I did the same thing about 5 years ago, except I started about at 215-220 pounds and went down to 167.  At 5' 10", I was too thin at 167, and people said so.  I am at 185.  I think that is my ideal weight.  For building back my core, I started with the 2 videos below.  Back then, I was so out of shape, I couldn't do all the exercises.  I also included push-ups in my routine, and I had to do those from my knees until I built up some strength.

They really don't take long, and there isn't a good excuse not to do something like this as a minimal regimen.

• Like 1

The FDA is the chief cause of cancer in rats...

Aspertame/nutrisweet turns into methol alcohol in your brain. Very small amount perhap, but I avoid it as much as I can.

Chris, does the wife still eat white rice? We consume quit a lot here.

Bruce

17 hours ago, Marvel said:

Chris, does the wife still eat white rice? We consume quit a lot here.

Bruce

She cut way back on the white rice.  She use to eat it 3 times a day. Now not much at all.  Mostly small portions of brown rice.  I introduced her to caraway, anise and fennel seeds and she likes to add it to the rice at the end to give it even more flavor. 

16 hours ago, Jeff Matthews said:

So how many of you tried the videos?

Jeff, why on earth would you watch those videos? 

Crazy idea.   I just do not under stand you, when...

I do these with my wife.  I saw her doing the abs when I would go work out and told her they looked great. 

The abs are tough, and I have a slipped disc.  I always do stretching and leg lifts and would get some back pain for the last 20 years.  When I first started the ab videos, my back hurt, but I powered through.  My back pain is not gone as my mids get stronger. 

These are really tough.  Watch her do the exercises and it is amazing,  She never rests at all between sets, or breaks a pose between the planking.  Really good workouts.  Plus is it great that I do this with my wife.  Good time spent together. 

3 minutes ago, kevinmi said:

It is a little known scientific fact that if you eat and drink you will eventually die. Let that sink in....

Then do not bother.  If that works for you than you are all good. 

I feel way better, my allergies are gone, and I have steady energy all day, plus my mood is much better.  I had headaches and fatigue that was all sinus related and the doctors were quick to offer me pills saying nothing else could be done.  With my slipped disc the doctors offered really heavy drugs, no gym and yearly cortisone injections in my spine.  Plus I would never be more than maybe 80% pain free. 

I chose this instead.  No pills, no doctors, I feel great and my wife also does the same thing and looks like an underwear model as a side benefit,  so I like the benefits. 

• Like 3

We've cut down on the amount of rice we consume. We have some of the Beach Body DVDs, which help focus on exercise. We have a recipe for smooties that I do for breakfast 5 days a week. Not a mix, but separate ingredients.  Due to work scheds we are having trouble with exercise, but it gets easier with longer daylight hours.

In my last job I was doing about 25 miles a week just walking. The new one not so much, bit my weight is staying the same.

24 minutes ago, kevinmi said:

It is a little known scientific fact that if you eat and drink you will eventually die. Let that sink in....

but if you eat strychnine you and drink gasoline die sooner ... let that sink in.

artificial sweeteners are poison. 

sugar is not great for you but compared to HFCS and others, relatively benign.

I will stop before I go off on a rant about concentrating active ingredient to white powders and potential for abuse...

47 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

but if you eat strychnine you and drink gasoline die sooner ... let that sink in.

artificial sweeteners are poison. 

sugar is not great for you but compared to HFCS and others, relatively benign.

I will stop before I go off on a rant about concentrating active ingredient to white powders and potential for abuse...

I've never tried the strychnine and gasoline diet personally, but it does make my lawn mower go faster. I agree with the artificial sweeteners being no good. I don't use them or sugar.

• Like 1