Must see documentary

K5SS

1 hour ago, kevinmi said:

I work a very physical job, and I run circles around the younger workers, even after a bout with cancer and a pacemaker keeping the old ticker working. No need for workout videos in my active lifestyle.

That makes a huge difference and is great.  You are lucky that it keep you going by moving every day.

I have a desk job where I rot away sitting in a chair.  Horrible for you.  I am thinking about getting a desk where you stand. 

People didn't exercise many years ago, they just sought food. 

BTW, I didn't mean to sound like a jerk if I did. 

On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 9:53 AM, wvu80 said:

Get rid or wheat products?  Rats, I just switched from white bread to whole wheat and now I've gotta get rid of that too?  I just saw where sugar substitutes are now just as bad for diabetes as sugar is.  :wacko:

Is there anything left that doesn't cause cancer, give you a condition or make you fat?  :blink:

Recommend gunpowder and onions for a detox. Haven't tried it personally so, may need a dash of brown sugar...

Edit: raw sugar...lower glycemic index.

my workday started with a mile walk on oily lanes. Like walking on ice. I was climbing in and out of machines.  I didn't have a desk job. It was a good balance of mental and physical. Didn't pay squat. No retirement or benefits beside bowling for free.  Pinsetter tech

• Like 1

19 hours ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

That makes a huge difference and is great.  You are lucky that it keep you going by moving every day.

I have a desk job where I rot away sitting in a chair.  Horrible for you.  I am thinking about getting a desk where you stand. 

People didn't exercise many years ago, they just sought food. 

BTW, I didn't mean to sound like a jerk if I did. 

I used to work out a lot in my younger years, before I injured my back. I also gave up all fast food, all fried food, sugar, salt. I don't work out any more, but I still eat healthy, which I think is half the battle to living a healthy lifestyle. Didn't think you sounded like a jerk any more than I do.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, WillyBob said:

my workday started with a mile walk on oily lanes. Like walking on ice. I was climbing in and out of machines.  I didn't have a desk job. It was a good balance of mental and physical. Didn't pay squat. No retirement or benefits beside bowling for free.  Pinsetter tech

I did that for years myself. Matter of fact, it was my first full time job back in '73. Don't think I could keep my balance on those oily lanes these days!

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, kevinmi said:

I did that for years myself. Matter of fact, it was my first full time job back in '73. Don't think I could keep my balance on those oily lanes these days!

did you do lane maintenance?

we were stripping lanes by hand when I started. That is a workout.  We were in shape and had to break after 4 lanes.

all mechanized now. One machine strips and dresses [oils] the lanes. It does weigh 300lb, and a 125lb man vs 300lb machine takes some finesse.

• Moderators

This guy is science/medicine based.  He is pretty good at separating the wheat from the chaff.

This video is just one example, he tells you if Sports Drinks are beneficial and how much you should drink before and during exercise.  In this particular video, only six minutes long, he also mentions who authored a study that says that sports drinks can be beneficial in certain circumstances.

• Like 2