Thoughts on Jolida 302A

rplace

Any input good or bad on a Jolida 302A. I hardly need another amp, but it is close to me. I'm considering for my garage system. What would be a must buy it price as I don't really need it but you know this sickness you are always looking.

https://baltimore.craigslist.org/ele/d/jolida-302a-el-34-stereo-tube/6567223793.html

For sale is a Jolida SJ-302A EL-34 integrated Tube amplifier. This amplifier has been upgraded with high quality Russian paper in oil K40Y coupling caps and a high quality volume control.

The EL34 output tubes have less than 10 hours of use and the 12AX7s are a tightly matched pair of Mullard Blackburn tubes that test better than new and have matching date codes, cost over $100 for these tubes... The 12AT7s are a well matched pair of GE tubes that pair well with the Mullards.

Overall this looks great, but there are some cosmetic blemishes that are not noticeable from a few feet away. There is a chip in the powder coat on the front right corner. The transformers also have some marks and nicks on them. The bottom of the chassis is also scratched up, but the scratches are not noticeable unless you have the amp upside down...

2 hours ago, rplace said:

Any input good or bad on a Jolida 302A. I hardly need another amp, but it is close to me. I'm considering for my garage system. What would be a must buy it price as I don't really need it but you know this sickness you are always looking.

https://baltimore.craigslist.org/ele/d/jolida-302a-el-34-stereo-tube/6567223793.html

For sale is a Jolida SJ-302A EL-34 integrated Tube amplifier. This amplifier has been upgraded with high quality Russian paper in oil K40Y coupling caps and a high quality volume control.

The EL34 output tubes have less than 10 hours of use and the 12AX7s are a tightly matched pair of Mullard Blackburn tubes that test better than new and have matching date codes, cost over $100 for these tubes... The 12AT7s are a well matched pair of GE tubes that pair well with the Mullards.

Overall this looks great, but there are some cosmetic blemishes that are not noticeable from a few feet away. There is a chip in the powder coat on the front right corner. The transformers also have some marks and nicks on them. The bottom of the chassis is also scratched up, but the scratches are not noticeable unless you have the amp upside down...

1 hour ago, dirtmudd said:

--- imagine "Uncle Kevy" criticizing a model line he doesn't sell ??   But pushing Prima Luna makes them a good buy ? Still made in China and probably in the same factory that makes Cayin. The smaller PL integrated are identical in design with the very first Caiyin to hit the US and sold through Paul Grezebek? from Buzzy Bee Audio in Chicago. And there is a back story to the Buzzy Bee, Cayin, PL saga. 

3 hours ago, rplace said:

--- I'm merely curious - why tubes in a garage rig? Why not a small Class D integrated or something along those lines?  Hell if it were me I'd throw the Wrights out there --?!?!

27 minutes ago, richieb said:

--- I'm merely curious - why tubes in a garage rig? Why not a small Class D integrated or something along those lines?  Hell if it were me I'd throw the Wrights out there --?!?!

No reason really. Seems like La Scalas deserve a bit more than an old 90s Denon AVR. A bit more than a garage, it is heated has all my brewing and wood working equipment. Sometimes I think I get to listen out there more than in my house...but not really critical listening. I surely don't need it. Guessing there is some room for negotiation. If somebody was to say it was the end all be all stereo tube amp I'd be curious. If it is just another bundle of wires I'll pass. Never heard any Jolida gear and always nice to see/hear different things.

I'm only interested because it is close to me and I could see it in person and not deal with shipping. I'm still stinging from my Canadian encounter with bad packing and handling.

37 minutes ago, richieb said:

--- imagine "Uncle Kevy" criticizing a model line he doesn't sell ??   But pushing Prima Luna makes them a good buy ? Still made in China and probably in the same factory that makes Cayin. The smaller PL integrated are identical in design with the very first Caiyin to hit the US and sold through Paul Grezebek? from Buzzy Bee Audio in Chicago. And there is a back story to the Buzzy Bee, Cayin, PL saga. 

He does not seem quite right in that video. Day drinking? But what do I know.

• 2 weeks later...

Kevin deal is right just about everything in the Jolida is entry level quality.... so is the price.... thing is Primaluna is only marginal step up. What I love is he basically calls the Jolida a POS and but he'll sell you it LOL!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1