SOLD 1965 walnut Klipschorns in Illinois

jeff spicoli

For sale are my 1965 walnut Klipschorns with cane grills. The serial numbers are 2D162 and 2D169 and they are model  K-B-WO. I bought them from the original owner. He got them from his wife who had been married before and they were her first husband’s speakers. I think he said they got them in St. Louis. They had small dogs and they marked the sides of the grills. I was going to clean them but left them alone because they never really bothered me. The speakers are just how I received them and I’ve don’t nothing to alter their appearance. They are not perfect and have many bumps and bruises but overall they displayed nice in my home.

Anybody wanting detailed pictures just let me know and I'll do whatever is needed. I'm asking $2500

I live 1.5 hours east of St. Louis, 3.5 hours south of Chicago, and 2 hours west of Indy. My zip code is 62461.

KLIPSCH 1.jpg

KLIPSCH 2.jpg

KLIPSCH 3.jpg

KLIPSCH 4.jpg

KLIPSCH 5.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/29/2018 at 5:48 PM, jeff spicoli said:

These are sold and they couldn't have went to a better owner. 

How much extra did @pds450 have to pay to get you to say that?  :lol:

+++

Serious question:  Those are the Type A XO's.  Have they been updated or upgraded to something like an AA?  I would worry about playing the speakers too loud and frying those delicate tweeters with that obsolete Type A XO.

8 hours ago, wvu80 said:

How much extra did @pds450 have to pay to get you to say that?  :lol:

+++

Serious question:  Those are the Type A XO's.  Have they been updated or upgraded to something like an AA?  I would worry about playing the speakers too loud and frying those delicate tweeters with that obsolete Type A XO.

I did go with new type A's. i DO have extra tweeters tho just in case! 

• Like 1