Not political....but I gotta say....

jimjimbo

Watching the James Comey CNN Town Hall tonight.....

He is one smart guy. At least to me, a very impressive personality.

Here we go. Going to make a snack now to see replies because many argue the opposite opinion. Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not saying I agree with him one way or another, but he has had some quotes over the years that have made me laugh:

"Just because the rooster crows when the sun comes up doesn't mean he made the sun come up."

"A man never stands so tall as when he stoops to kiss an ***."

5 minutes ago, LarryC said:

Did not know that about him. Maybe a different calling for a career choices. Have not read.

Thanks for that.

I'll give a read attempt when it's a free Kindle download / share / available ebook from library. I do not give monetary support to any past, present or future politician. I consider "appointed" job holders from Justice of the Peace on up as politicians.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, USNRET said:

I'll give a read attempt when it's a free Kindle download / share / available ebook from library. I do not give monetary support to any politician. I consider "appointed" job holders from Justice of the Peace on up as politicians.

Appointed and confirmed more than once by the Senate, including 10-year appointment as FBI Director (term not completed). I don't believe he ever ran for elective office.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Comey

• Like 1

How is Mr. Comey any different than all the other career political creatures of the top layers of power? Which is to say, working for self interest, representing an institution with no credibility and concerned only with advancing personal political power. (Ref: botched cases, vindictive prosecution, total bumbling, etc.). Guys write their own hagiographies when no one else will. 

Maybe he was writing his memoirs while on the job. No, would think that while serving at the pleasure of the President, you either

want to be there, or not. Worked with a nice guy once but developed a wanting to get out of there. Interesting

54 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Just another Washington weasel. 

So I guess you either watched the program, read his book, listened to his Congressional testimony or closely followed his career in law enforcement in order to form that opinion?  Or, not.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, rebuy said:

While some may admire Mr. Comey,  many people who worked with him,

call him a Dirty Cop.  I don't like Dirty Cops.

Really?  "Many people"?  So, what do the others say?  I guess you're a glass half empty type then?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Really?  "Many people"?  So, what do the others say?  I guess you're a glass half empty type then?

Really, many people who Know Him and have worked with him.

• Confused 1