RC 64 II or RC 64 III with RF & II's?

Brewmonkey

Hello, I finally got a pair RF 7 II's and am wondering if the RC 64 III timbre would pair with them. The two centers are only separated by $100 new. I see by the specs that the III is 2" deeper, and a few pounds heavier. Has anyone done an A/B comparison? Thanks for any help. 

I agree with youth, I just recently went through this dilemma. Went with the 64ii. Got it at huge discount at Adorama. $550 delivered. The new one wasn’t worth all the extra cash as well as not matching the RF-7ii’s. It sounds great. Find the ii at a discount and don’t look back. 

Go with the rc 64iii I have the same setup prior to my purchase after a few phone conversation with Klipsch and authorized dealers they confirmed they'll go great together and boy I tell you they sound great together then you're covered if you decide to upgrade to the RF73

• Like 1

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Brewmonkey said:

I didn't realize they have different tweeters.

Let me clarify....I'm not sure if the actual tweeter is different.  I do know they added a phase plug and modified the horn.  Both will effect how it sounds and make it different than the sound of the RC-64 II.  Would it still blend well with RF-7 II?  Possibly so.  I've just always preferred to keep my front three from the same series.  Just a personal preference to make sure they are all voice matched to each other.

• Like 1

Youthman I agree with you for sure on keeping things the same. I was looking at CF, and they had them priced @ 1399 & 1499. I have found an authorized on line dealer (ASD) that has NIB @ 999, or open box @ 829. I'm going with the 64 II, but now that the prices are so close I've another dilemma to contend with. It's kind of hard to pay the same price for a center that I paid for one of the floor standers, lol. Thanks for all the help 

• Like 1

• Moderators

@Brewmonkey, check with Cory @MetropolisLakeOutfitters as well.  He is an authorized Klipsch Dealer and is great to work with.  I've yet to find a dealer that has beat his pricing.  Would be worth a PM or phone call to see what he can offer.   His website is https://www.paducahhometheater.com/

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Youthman said:

@Brewmonkey, check with Cory @MetropolisLakeOutfitters as well.  He is an authorized Klipsch Dealer and is great to work with.  I've yet to find a dealer that has beat his pricing.  Would be worth a PM or phone call to see what he can offer.   His website is https://www.paducahhometheater.com/

Thanks for the tip. He offered me a sweet deal on the mk III, even better than I can get on a mk II. I'll post my impressions after I get it and play around for a while with movies, and music. Cheers!

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Brewmonkey said:

He offered me a sweet deal on the mk III, even better than I can get on a mk II. I'll post my impressions after I get it and play around for a while with movies, and music. Cheers!

Told ya I haven't found a dealer that offers better pricing than @MetropolisLakeOutfitters.  Cory is great to work with as well.  Super nice guy.  He will take care of you.  Definitely report back and let us know what you think of them once you get them setup.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Brewmonkey said:

Thanks for the tip. He offered me a sweet deal on the mk III, even better than I can get on a mk II. I'll post my impressions after I get it and play around for a while with movies, and music. Cheers!

It's hard for me to pick against @Youthman because he has done critical listening on the RC-64, the II and the III.  I own the RC-64, I have listened to the II and I have never heard the III.

That being said if it were ME I would go for the III because of all the newest refinements and technology in the sound.  My philosophy is get the best center you can afford.  I am not concerned with "timbre matching" because in my experience the L/R plays different content than the Center which MUST be able to reproduce voices accurately. 

FYI the majority opinion is that timber matching matters, mine is the minority opinion.

My bottom line is if you can get the RC-64 III for a hundred bucks over the II, the III would be my pick.

+++

Edit:  I just re-read you post and it seems my opinion is moot; you just ordered the RC-64 III! 

Good call.  B)

• Like 2

@Brewmonkey ,

I was going to get the  iii  if I couldn’t find the  ii  at a heavy discount. I ended up finding a great deal through Adorama. I gotta give credit to another member here for telling me about the site. FYI for future reference I was really impressed with Adorama’s shipping/boxing methods. So buy with confidence there. Cory quoted me a great price as well for the iii. For me it was a budget issue. Enjoy the iii and post pics/opinion.  Welcome to the Forum as well! This is my setup. Work in Progress. Looking to do a 7.2.4 atmos system. 

b6aa2e930eeb7ffa9cab37ad15d467c8.jpg

• Like 2

On 4/27/2018 at 2:25 PM, Brewmonkey said:

Youthman I agree with you for sure on keeping things the same. I was looking at CF, and they had them priced @ 1399 & 1499. I have found an authorized on line dealer (ASD) that has NIB @ 999, or open box @ 829. I'm going with the 64 II, but now that the prices are so close I've another dilemma to contend with. It's kind of hard to pay the same price for a center that I paid for one of the floor standers, lol. Thanks for all the tools you can't go wrong

As I stated in my previous post the RC 64 iii is a great match with the RF-7 ii and Corey is the one I purchased my RC 64 iii from and he and Klipsch recommended that it would match great with my Rf-7ii's so therefore you can't go wrong and thanks Youth Man for hooking me up with Cory