Here's my twisted brain....

MyOwn

The same day a partisan determination is announced is the same day a certain party is shown to be a Russian spy.  Let's all bury our heads in the sand.  Democracy is dead, partisanship is alive and well.

And you don't believe

We're on the eve of destruction?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

The same day a partisan determination is announced is the same day a certain party is shown to be a Russian spy.  Let's all bury our heads in the sand.  Democracy is dead, partisanship is alive and well.

And you don't believe

We're on the eve of destruction?

Checks and balances, baby!  Keeps the tyrants at bay.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, CECAA850 said:

It's been the status quo for years.  It's really a shame.

It's called, "sharing," Carl.  R's get to dine at the front of the trough for a while; then, they switch places with D's to give them a chance, too.  It's the way of nature.  Symbiosis.  Everyone, on the whole, is represented.  But if you want to claim none of them represent you, then if you voted, you have to ask yourself why you voted for someone who doesn't represent you.

9 hours ago, Jeff Matthews said:

But if you want to claim none of them represent you, then if you voted, you have to ask yourself why you voted for someone who doesn't represent you.

Honestly, after I debated you for well over a year thinking you were voting for the guy you were championing online was disappointed to hear you didn't even vote for him. :wacko: Fwiw, I supported who I voted for and articulated why. 

R's get to dine at the front of the trough for a while; then, they switch places with D's to give them a chance, too.  It's the way of nature.  Symbiosis.  Everyone, on the whole, is represented.

That's the thing, Jeff--You posted (and then seemed to delete) a 10 point plan on policy prior to the election where we agreed on 8 of the points and I contend your description above falls short because the party in charge doesn't represent what you articulated in that 10 point list.

8 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Symbiosis

In the parasitic sense.

If Jeff feels it's "symbiosis," then you both seem to reap what has been sown. :( Fwiw, I voted for the other guys.