NHL Playoffs

oldtimer

Pens I hate it for ya!

#71 you're still my favorite player behind my best of the `Canes Aaron Ward.

Like to see Marchand get his b^tt kicked!

Tampa to the Finals again??

Gotta keep it east of the Mississippi!

@schu Your guys are exhilarating to watch after what I've seen from my team recently. (not counting individual effort)

Seems like they could get to the series in mid June.

If the caps get through I'll pull for the west without hesitation this year.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else watch what just happened for the first 15 minutes of the third period?

Scheifele.     Fleury.     That "old" goalie is playing a lot better than he used to. Jets poured it on and could not get through!

These two teams want it bad and are willing to work for it.

Tough luck for the eastern teams if they don't man up, and soon.

Best game yet of the conference round yet!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, YK Thom said:

Not looking good for the Jets. They really needed the win last night. Vegas in the finals is now becoming a likelihood.

Yes but only four games in...... you know what could happen!! Haven't watched a period of hockey like that in a long while.

Have to admit, I haven't watched every game my team has played since I don't know when. From 2001 through about 2010 I watched nearly every game they played 80+ yearly, and that broke my heart the last few years. Recently about half of them and it still hurt, so the thought of the `Canes being run "differently" gives me some hope. We need personal accountability mandated on our youngins, along with a captain, none of that mamby-pamby co-captain bs (HA-Ha Flames).  If Captain Kirk could turn those guys around in three games flat, maybe Rod can too! 

• Like 1

And most everybody on that team was deemed expendable to even be taken by the expansion team.

They're all having the last laugh, they went 51-31 this season, now get to play for the Stanley Cup

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

And most everybody on that team was deemed expendable to even be taken by the expansion team.

They're all having the last laugh, they went 51-31 this season, now get to play for the Stanley Cup

I listened to the game today on Sirius XM NHL Network on my drive back from Hope, and there was a great story about several people that are holding wager tickets in Vegas that have the Golden Knights as 500 to 1 odds to win the cup....the bookies are sweating.....

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JohnJ said:

And they were, for the teams they were on.  To me the beauty of it is that the knights were savvy enough or maybe even lucky enough to put together the right mix to get such a winning team.  Congrats in the other tourney (IIHF worlds) to the US for beating Canada for the bronze...and also for Sweden for taking the gold.   It's good to see Klingberg experience a winning team that hopefully will translate back to the Stars next season.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

@YK Thom

Winnipeg looked so good Wednesday night I was shocked that they lost that game. Scheifele is worth his contract whatever it is!

That he is. I have been pulling for Vegas until the Winnepeg series, but am something of a Tampa fan. The finals are going to be great this year.

• Like 2

I would love to see Cinderella go all the way. I have always been a fan of Deryk Engelland and I was pissed that the Flames let him go. Even though I hated the Pens and him when he played there, I have such fond memories of him and Colton Orr of my Leafs going at it. The Calgary Flames fans were all cheering when he was taken by Vegas, they didn't need him. He was too old, too slow...and nobody needs a fighter any more....right. Well, he has really stepped up his game. For the first time in his career his coach has faith in him, playing....not just fighting and filling in for the tired and injured in their top six.

I absolutely hated Gerard Gallant when he played for the Wings but he has really come into his own as a coach. The guys like playing for him and he lets them play. When his players take the odd stupid penalty Gallant doesn't play the "I'll show you" and bench them the rest of the game.

Vegas is so exciting to watch, if it ends up with either of the Eastern teams that final will be fantastic. 

• Like 1

Will be a good final and as you say a good story. Should the Knights win, it will make history. If Tampa (my future homeland), wins I will also be pleased. We have some seriously good hockey coming up this week. Sit back, open a pint, turn it up and enjoy! 

• Like 1