Beautiful Chorus IIs again for sale

jimjimbo

Due to circumstances beyond the buyers control, these gorgeous walnut Chorus IIs are again for sale.    Please see info below, please PM me with interest.

Creating a new post here as the original thread got too long.  Link is below with photos, etc.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

49 minutes ago, 314carpenter said:

Congratulations you 2. :D  Let me know if you need anything later. We are definitely getting a fairly large collection of Chorus II's moving North.

I'll be selling my oak Chorus II to help fund this purchase.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, opusk2k9 said:

I'll be selling my oak Chorus II to help fund this purchase.

I've given up on my search for WO CHII. Never seen anything other than Oak Oiled or Black here in Houston, although i do think CHII look bad *** in all black. Was thinking for a long while about veneering mine in Walnut b/c that's my favorite speaker veneer, but will just repair mine and keep them black more than likely.  Congrats on the purchase! You should hit up Duracrest and see about the lambswool  grills they make for Klipsch speakers ie Forte III.   I think that'll look really good with the darker/slightly red in tone Oiled Walnut on your new pair. I believe you can send them the grills and they will apply the new lambswool for $150. $125 for the silver luster which is the option I'm thinking about for my black Chorus II!  Pretty damn good prices considering you get the official cloth instead of trying to match it with a different brand and it ends up costing near the same for the cloth and still have to apply it yourself.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, 314carpenter said:
$150 for the pair? That is fantastic. My JBL speaker tech does my JBL's grills for $50 each including cloth. IMHO the Klipsch grills are so much better than the JBL grills in every way. I personally have never needed to do a repair on a Klipsch grill. Having fabric options as decorators is very appealing though.

Yeah for sure. The only scare is shipping your grills and hoping they don’t get damaged on their way there or in return with their pretty new cloth. They charge $25 ea also for the pie badges but I think they’re much cheaper directly from Klipsch parts unless the price for them has gone up.

***BTW -  i should note that the person i spoke with via email said they don't have the Chorus II moldings anymore and that i'd have to ship my grills to them to do it.  I assume because of not even bringing it up, that they don't sell the cloth on its own by the yardage. It seems they can make you grills from scratch if they have the molding for the grill frame still, otherwise why mention that they don't have it anymore for the Chorus II?  Maybe i'll beat you to it @314carpenter or someone else who reads these posts and i or they send their Chorus II grills and then Duracrest will have the molding again to make them from scratch so you or anyone in the future can keep your stock grills aside and order completely new grills with choice of cloth?  

24 minutes ago, 314carpenter said:

Weird how I ended up with 4 non matching serial numbers. 

Not that weird.  Klipsch sold a lot of speakers to the military.  At the PX, they didn't concern themselves with consecutive serial numbers, just grabbed the next 2 boxes.

I am refinishing the newest walnut pair I have now. I am very pleased with how scratch free, knick free, dent free, and clean they came out. Unfortunately these just do not have the amazing grain pattern of Jimjimbo's old pair. However, I must say Klipsch does amazing cabinetry and veneer work. Not super high end, but we'll above their pay grade.  Weird how I ended up with 4 non matching serial numbers. Somehow I need to find another Walnut Chorus II pair or single to complete the room. My center is a Black Forte II, which works well (in my room only) sitting horizontal on a black glass shelf, but that is changing. Additions are coming and the Forte II center is going vertical between two A/V equipment racks I am fabricating myself. Then I will have proper front wall configuration, although black just won't work as well. Ok done whining.

Not an exact match but this is what my Black Chorus IIs looked like after I sanded them down and applied Medium Walnut Danish Oil

dc62ee1bc26666e22f5f0af394e3e742.jpg

I think I got lucky as they’re both very straight grained for oak. Maybe they’re ash? Did Klipsch make that era of speakers in black ash like they do for the RF series? I have black oak Heresy IIs and those are very obviously oak with those big ugly grain patterns. My Chorus II are not even serial matching and both have very long straight grain patterns.

aa79047e2ea2bafde0cce7163815d93b.jpg

84627a0fd2413f5aed2a8a3cc42df4dd.jpg

Unfortunately I blacked them out after because for a time I was considering selling them and they had too much veneer damage that was too obvious with the Danish Oil. Now I learned how to cut out old damaged veneer and apply new and blend it in. The damage is all small enough that I can use an oak edgeband to repair the damaged parts and then maybe I’ll do the Walnut Danish Oil again but not sure. They do look killer when they’re big and black.

• Like 2