MCM 1900 K-55-V driver question

Dave A

I have four pairs of soldered lug K-55-V's that came from another MCM. I also have an MCM 1900 with K-55-M drivers in them currently. Is there a significant benefit to switching the drivers out and selling off the M's? I was going to list a pair on EBay and got to thinking about doing so since it will break up the set. On the other hand I can sell those soldered lug K-55's for $300 each pair so unless it is a noticable improvement I am leaning towards selling them all. Cleaning out all the stuff I had accumulated when I thought I might be building speakers.

28 minutes ago, Dave A said:

I have four pairs of soldered lug K-55-V's

Four pairs?  You've got some good money sitting on the shelf.  B)

People "in the know" (especially on this Klipsch forum) know the soldered lug K-55v's are the Holy Grail of K-55 drivers.  I don't know the exact selling price but I would guess about double the going rate for the standard K-55v and/or the K-55-M.

The M is also a good version of the K-55 but not nearly as much in demand.

1 minute ago, Dave A said:

After looking for a long time I went from 0 pairs to five pairs in about a month

They seem to be more common than people realize but almost all of the ones I have found are not advertised as "soldered lug" or "dual phase" if looking for these on eBay look at the pictures of every k55v listing that comes up carefully. The good news is that when sellers don't know what they have they usually list them for half the going rate. 

I like the soldered lug versions but to my ears the A55-g is the way to go plus nice knowing the drivers are brand new and not 30+ years old. Die hard Klipschsters will take an older at least semi-worn out original product over new after-market regardless of performance so the 55v's will always be in demand I guess.