Cornscala SoCal - SOLD

justinsweber

Cornscala 3 way horn speaker system. Selling off my newly built Klipsch style Cornscala's which are models after the famous Cornwalls and built by yours truly. For those who don't know a Cornscala utilizes the best parts of a Klipsch Cornwall and a La Scala together.
 Veneer is Rosewood with a satin lacquer finish. Mortarboard and back panel are in Black satin lacquer. Gorgeous on the eyes.

Cabinetry is done with Baltic birch and utilizes biscuits and additional bracing for strength, reduce distortion and resonance. Grills included and utilize stock Klipsch cloth for the classic look. 

Utilizing a massive direct radiating 15" woofer for bass. This is the same woofer use in the Klipsch 904 and in the Cinema line. The woofer's weight rests on its shoulder and not its face to increase rigidity and minimize basket flex. The additional double motor board around the woofer provides isolation and the rigidity needed for truly chest thumping bass.

Midrange horn is sourced from fastlane audio Eliptrac 400 with Fc@ 350 and being crossed @ 450hz. 
Midrange driver is the famous BMS 4592 Mid with Neodymium magnets, Polyester Diaphragm material and incredible 300hz crossover. 

The Tweeter is fastlaneaudio eliptrac paired with B&C DE-10 Mylar diaphragm crossed and 5800hz will outside of the range of the human voice. 

Crossovers are ALK CSW-450 which is a custom licensed crossover, combining the AP12-450 and the cornscalawal high frequency section. This is a significant improvement over a stock cornscalawal as it proved a 12db 2nd order crossover on the bass thus providing tighter and faster bass response. 

Frequency response from 34hz to 20Khz -3db. The Cornscalas are 98db efficient means that you can play with authority room filling music with 1 watt. I can demo with 1watt single ended tube amps to 107watts and youll see they sine with both. All internal wiring is silver plated teflon. This is master piece of a project and far more than the sum of its parts.

Specs:
Cabinet: 34"H x 24" W x 16" D
Weight: 145lbs/per cabinet
Quoted Frequency Response: 34Hz - 20Khz -3db, 98db
Sensitivity: 99db 1W/1m, 200 watts/maximum power handling

Willing to ship via road freight. Extensive experience transporting via road freight, reasonable pricing.

Justin 323-868-9722

J5ae6252e900b0_Triangle-Port--1.thumb.jpg.30eabb20329c9bc125a0f7fae6bb825f.jpg5ae625345c300_Triangle-Port--5.thumb.jpg.fa3362323a599b67f05abbffbfbaa069.jpg5ae62530b9280_Triangle-Port--3.thumb.jpg.d2952957f216bccf52b5921febfe9030.jpgIMG_1080.JPG.9fac91fa3e3219e95c8604561dc258bd.JPGIMG_0147.thumb.jpg.a7a9d7fa32bbff49c6602616c2b50444.jpg5ae62536d9170_Triangle-Port--6.thumb.jpg.76330517a92fce64f809643cb53605ea.jpgIMG_0096.JPG.9aa3d13bea889197e45ff64fbd68ffc5.JPGIMG_0097.JPG.77bdab6db2db38b316bc22c1cc5f13bc.JPGustin 323-88-9722

IMG_1483.JPG

• Like 2

I built the blue 2ways as the replacement. 

The are 30% smaller which make my wife happier. 

I still own 2 other pair... 1 in black lacquer which is my reference. 

The combo has become my default for the best sound I can make, but its took large for the wife taste in the living room and I need to respect that fact :-).

The combo has become my default for the best sound I can make, but its took large for the wife taste in the living room and I need to respect that fact :-).

24 minutes ago, justinsweber said:

Happy wife, happy life.  GLWYS.

If I were to ever actually pay retail for home audio/video, car audio, etc (which I haven't in 30+ years), I would definitely buy these speakers before buying a new pair of CW3's or F3's, personally.  Those look phenomenal and I know sound awesome.

Mid horn is a custom unit from fastlane audio. 

It has an elliptical cutout.

Dave cuts the baffles for me to match. 

The seams are all bondo'd... the magic is the finishing. Ive used the same guys for 10+ years, he does all the boxes for our amps. 

Thanks for the kind words. Ive done the finishing... sanding, pre-cat Lacquer and a HVLP are the tools :-).

• 4 weeks later...