Raw Jubes in da house

babadono

As I alluded to in CC and C thread yesterday these things are making sweet sounds in my man cave. Thanks to @MetropolisLakeOutfitters, @Trentster5172, @Chris A everyone at Klipsch and Assoc. Hope AR and most especially to @Chief bonehead. I've got more fine tuning to do. Chris I have the UMIK and a microphone stand but still waiting for a laptop(guess I have to order one before it will show up). I will get back to you when I get it. But so far the settings for the TADs sound pretty darn good to me.

Also I have some veneering to do:). And cable routing and clean up etc...etc....Oh and listening. Forgot, thanks @cincymat for the XP 4080

P1010147.jpg

P1010148.jpg

P1010150.jpg

P1010151.jpg

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Schu said:

Lovely...

You were able to order tads direct after all?

Bought the TADs used a couple years ago from TrueHeartSound on ebay when he was trying to get rid of like 20(?) pairs. Then you remember my thread recently dissecting them to make sure they had beryllium diaphragms.

• Moderators

Hate to be the one to say it but that's an awfully fancy man cave. :lol:

Love the rack with all the D-75's, I like the way they sound, and Tad's, you just went straight to the top, no playing around. Very Nice, glad you got them going.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dtel said:

Hate to be the one to say it but that's an awfully fancy man cave. :lol:

Love the rack with all the D-75's, I like the way they sound, and Tad's, you just went straight to the top, no playing around. Very Nice, glad you got them going.

The D-75s are running the TADs one each in bridged(mono) mode, so I am only using two of them so far. You can hardly tell they're on. The 402/TADs will blow you out of the room before any registering on the signal indicator. But thanks for reminding me.... @John Warren the D75s I was modding are making sound now. I am no amplifier connoisseur but they sound pretty all right to me.

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Coytee said:

Guys guys guys....

Should we tell him that his speakers aren't facing the listening position or should we let him hear how good they sound, then tell him and blow his mind?

It'd the bose effect, it bounces off the other wall right back to the sofa, like a pair of  901's on steroids.

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, babadono said:

guess I have to order one before it will show up

How do you go about doing so with out one?  I bet the rug really tide the room together.  Nice looking setup, congrats on the horns.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

How do you go about doing so with out one?  I bet the rug really tide the room together.  Nice looking setup, congrats on the horns.

I used ChrisA's settings for TADs just to get up and running. I know I have adjusting to do.