Raw Jubes in da house

babadono

5 hours ago, Trentster5172 said:

Wow!!!  Those look amazing!!!  Congratulations!!!  I’m glad you stopped by for a listen!

Trent

Thanks again Trent. You know there is just something about having them in my own room and with very familiar music. Those 402 horns are just amazing. But I want more bass. And I know everybody's going to say "you need a sub or two" but first I want to get the bass bins dialed in to the best of their capabilities in my room.

BTW do the level meters on your Xilica ever show anything?

• Like 1

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, babadono said:

Thanks again Trent. You know there is just something about having them in my own room and with very familiar music. Those 402 horns are just amazing. But I want more bass. And I know everybody's going to say "you need a sub or two" but first I want to get the bass bins dialed in to the best of their capabilities in my room.

BTW do the level meters on your Xilica ever show anything?

You have Roy's settings for the  32 bass boost?  I think they are part of the Xilica settings.

I think I have read, just like with the  DX 38, that on rare, rare occasions you may see one light flicker on the level meters.

On 4/30/2018 at 3:38 PM, babadono said:

these things are making sweet sounds

AWESOME ... pretty jealous ... got KPT-904's a couple of months ago, but the seller also had Jube horns.  But ... could not get them "past" my wife :(  

3 minutes ago, Emile said:

AWESOME ... pretty jealous ... got KPT-904's a couple of months ago, but the seller also had Jube horns.  But ... could not get them "past" my wife :(  

Yes Sir that's why "man cave":). But you have 510s, they're no slouches either. And I love the cabinets you made for them. I have lots of "prettying up" to do.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

You have Roy's settings for the  32 bass boost?  I think they are part of the Xilica settings.

I think I have read, just like with the  DX 38, that on rare, rare occasions you may see one light flicker on the level meters.

All I have so far is a file from ChrisA. Looks like there are six PEQs in the bass bin and 5 are cuts:(. I have lots of tuning to do.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, babadono said:

All I have so far is a file from ChrisA. Looks like there are six PEQs in the bass bin and 5 are cuts:(. I have lots of tuning to do.

I think Roy gave Corey his setting for the  Xlica, you might check with @MetropolisLakeOutfitters

So more bass.  What do you typically listen to?  

Are your doors/room wide enough for an 1802?  EDIT:  Yes they are, lucky you.

You get that 1802 in there and you will never say "I need more bass" again.

They look great, you are going to have a lot of fun for a long time coming.

LaScalla's in 1977?  That is amazing.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Emile said:

The Museum has a single speaker for sale that would be the perfect center for a pair of 904s.  :)  

• Thanks 1

I run two TH subs on the bottom end of my Jubs, so the settings you have are really set up to let the subs carry the load below ~40 Hz. 

Until you have a PC to run REW, you can add a 4-6 dB boost at 31 Hz with 0.33 octave bandwidth.  This PEQ will likely be very close.

Chris

33 minutes ago, Schu said:

Ask metropolis about the 1502 if the 18 is to large... it seems to me to be a better fit for a room in a home.

-- I'm not so sure a 1502 is yet available - ? It was rumor a year ago -- . And don't kid yourself it will be Big as the 1802 is Huge. Standing next to the 1802 tells the tale -- 

--- and did I mention Heavy - 330 lbs.

16 minutes ago, Schu said:

We're getting a list together... and checking it twice.

--- trust me - I've been wrong before ! But I've checked the Klipsch KPT site off and on and never saw a 1502 option, 1802 only. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, richieb said:

-- I'm not so sure a 1502 is yet available - ? It was rumor a year ago -- . And don't kid yourself it will be Big as the 1802 is Huge. Standing next to the 1802 tells the tale -- 

--- and did I mention Heavy - 330 lbs.

50 minutes ago, richieb said:

--- trust me - I've been wrong before ! But I've checked the Klipsch KPT site off and on and never saw a 1502 option, 1802 only. 

No it's not a thing yet, I don't know why but they are not selling them yet ?

But I can tell you it's only a few inches smaller in each direction and I have no idea about weight you won't be lifting either one. That could be the reason I don't know, only a few inches difference if buying just get the 1802............easy for me to say since it's not my $. :lol:

But it does exists positively,  whether it goes in production I have no idea, I haven't talked to Roy about this so I have no idea if will be sold ?.....

13 hours ago, dtel said:

No, it's not a thing yet...I don't know why but they are not selling them yet.

It seems that corporations always move in mysterious ways.  Perhaps a DIY version is needed in the mean time from someone with a little time on their hands? ;) 

And I believe that a little more form factor squeezing of the 1502 might also be worthwhile.  They are still very large.

I'm not personally interested in a 1502-sized subwoofer since I have no room for cabinets of that size and/or form factor because I simply have no where to put them.  I also don't need any more projects than I've already got presently.  But I assume that there are a few people that frequent this forum that might like to own one (or two).

@CECAA850?  @jwc?   Just a little Hornresp work would be needed to verify the fine dimensions/expansion pathways.  That would likely be minimal in terms of time spent...(@Edgar? @BEC? Someone with a CNC router table could rip out the parts in short order.

Chris