WTB Record Cleaning Machine

wstrickland1

I have had 3 different VPI models and would recommend them heres some real user reviews of the project and VPI links, VPI wins hands down, I have read other bad reports on the project on other sites (the site names escape me currently)  I have bought all used VPI and never an issue 

Heres a link to the newest vpi 16.5 for a decent $$$ although they do pop u cheaper if you are vigilant

https://www.audiogon.com/listings/lis8i91a-vpi-hw-16-5-vacuum-type-record-cleaning-machine-excellent-condition-cleaning-systems

Review links below

https://www.amazon.com/VPI-HW-16-5-Cleaning-solution-cleaning/dp/B002ZDQ9IM/ref=sr_1_cc_2?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1525187342&sr=1-2-catcorr&keywords=vpi+record+cleaning+machine

https://www.amazon.com/Pro-Ject-VC-S-Vinyl-Cleaner/dp/B01FV3QIY2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1525187262&sr=8-1&keywords=pro+ject+record+cleaning+machine&dpID=41LXBKL-2qL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

I have a VPI HW-16.5 I have not used in several years since I bought a Kieth Monk.  Have not thought about selling but would.  I  have the original box.  I added a reversing platter motor and switch to give better cleaning of the LP, flip switch and it cleans in opposite direction.

$600 including shipping in continental USA.

Groove Clean is another ultrasonic cavitation-based machine, like the Audiodesk Systeme VinylCleaner Pro that Stereophile wrote about and I just posted about in another thread.  The ultrasonic cavitation cleaners are supposed to be very good, according to some.  Here is a Youtube segment on the Groove Clean:

The Audio Desk looks much easier to use, but does only one record at a time:

• Like 2

• Moderators
11 hours ago, cincymat said:

I bought the Groove Clean without the ultrasonic cleaner as the cleaner is available on Amazon for less money. So far, it works very well.

AEA3212D-8080-46D0-808E-1F5247A45086.thumb.jpeg.280664fbf5e8f8e270d113b650f37675.jpeg

holds 4 albums at a time. 

What solution do you use in there to clean?

Do you run it through US first?

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, joessportster said:

Yes it is a great deal. I ended up ordering a Okki Nokki at a decent discount which also included a dust cover. Brand new from an authorized dealer so full warranty. It's in my hall still boxed up so I haven't tried it yet. I am so busy being sound man/roadie for my daughter it's just crazy. She's doing 3-5 shows a week now. 

Thanks for all the input and suggestions. I sincerely appreciate it.