Klipsch Sixes vs Klipsch R15PM and RP160M ?

Hi Guys,

Can someone please help me, identify what are the Major differences between the Klipsch Sixes and the Klipsch R15PM ? like which has more wattage out put, I believe both are powered also which has a Sub out ? both ?

And how would be the RP160M against Sixes ? which one would have more output ?

Edit : But I guess the RP160M are not powered right guys ?

Which sound better and are good in performance ?

1 hour ago, willland said:

Sixes power specs

100w/ch

R15PM power specs

50w/ch

Both have sub outs.

Bill

Which one sounds better ? And has a better soundstage performance and BASS ? (On their own) without adding Subs !

2 hours ago, augustya30 said:

Which one sounds better ? And has a better soundstage performance and BASS ? (On their own) without adding Subs !

I can't tell you that, never heard them.

My vote would be that the Sixes would have better performance.  But just a guess.

Bill

I've listened to the R15pm and RP160m.

The R15pm is a good sounding speaker with the amp built in and almost any type of digital input, and rca style analog inputs.   You really need a sub with these in my opinion.  You can control the subwoofer output with the remote, so that's really convenient.

The RP160M is a significantly better speaker in every way, but they are passive.  Also, the RP160m is a much larger speaker.  It's almost too big to fit into what most people call a "bookshelf".  They are about the same size as a computer tower.  Both are excellent speakers for their intended purpose.  

If you have a decent amp already I'd get RP160m, but if you don't have an amp and want something simple and more affordable the R15pm works good too.

I have a pair of RP150 and RP160.  The 150s are our TV speakers and the 160s are our rear surrounds in the movie room.  Both are great speakers for their size and capacity.  I think I am most amazed at the output of the 150s, both bass and higher end.  Just my 2 cents!!

I heard all of them for a short time.

R15M to my ears had most balanced sound altogether than the rest.

RP160 sounded a little thin in the midrange but had a decent soundstage.  May be things would be better after careful placement in the room and after letting them play for awhile.

Sixes sounded like they are trying to play way more than they really are. I liked it in the beginning but after awhile it become tiresome. In short, more fun than 160s.

RP160M is a very good speaker if positioned correctly and fed with a very high quality amplifier.  AVRs are a mixed result as the amplifier sections and built in eq are all over the place quality wise.

If looking for the best of both worlds and not having to worry about amplification, stay with the powered speakers.

1 hour ago, pzannucci said:

If looking for the best of both worlds and not having to worry about amplification, stay with the powered speakers.

Agree completely.  My son uses The Sixes for TV, movies, gaming, and music.  The class D amp sounds better than Heresys powered by his Onkyo AVR.

• 5 weeks later...
On 5/1/2018 at 12:36 AM, augustya30 said:

Hi Guys,

Can someone please help me, identify what are the Major differences between the Klipsch Sixes and the Klipsch R15PM ? like which has more wattage out put, I believe both are powered also which has a Sub out ? both ?

I currently have both in my living room, doing an A/B test. Feel free to ask me any questions. Both have sub outs.

On 5/1/2018 at 4:13 AM, augustya30 said:

You should absolutely positively get the Sixes if you’re looking for bass performance without a sub. Their bass performance is on a different level from the R-15PM. The R-15PM are more detailed and airy, coming from their excellent high end. The Sixes are warmer—I wish they were a bit more like the R-15PMs in the high end—but the bass extension on The Sixes extends easily to places the R-15PM just can’t go. There are low frequencies you wouldn’t even know are present in the recording from the R-15PMs, but they sing from the Sixes. Unless you’re doing home theater, you probably won’t need a sub with the sixes. For the R-15PMs to compete in bass, they would need a sub.

This is not to knock The Sixes’ detail and high end, which is damn good in its own right—I’m just contrasting with the R-15PMs.

My bottom line is this, and this is why I’ll be keeping The Sixes:

I can study my music in more detail with the R-15PMs, but I have headphones for that.

I can make my house rock with The Sixes.

IMG_0419-1.jpg

• Thanks 1