Qsc cinema speakers? (Big horn like k 402)

Ljk

I'm assuming you mean QSC speakers and not QVC like the shopping channel.  This is the brand we are using in the old Rialto theater in town we are restoring.  They work like a champ with Crown and Peavey amplifiers.  No clue how they would work in a home setting but you'll definitely need some EQ'ing and tuning.  We have 3 of the large horns behind the screen for LCR with dual 15" woofer cabinets below them plus a separate subwoofer.  They sound good in there but we're talking about a big room and lots of power.

5 minutes ago, avguytx said:

I'm assuming you mean QSC speakers and not QVC like the shopping channel.  This is the brand we are using in the old Rialto theater in town we are restoring.  They work like a champ with Crown and Peavey amplifiers.  No clue how they would work in a home setting but you'll definitely need some EQ'ing and tuning.  We have 3 of the large horns behind the screen for LCR with dual 15" woofer cabinets below them plus a separate subwoofer.  They sound good in there but we're talking about a big room and lots of power.

Yes qsc, sorry. Looked on the net and did not find much info. If you go to atlanta cls look under electronics and do a search for qsc click on concerts subwoofers/speakers. Look at  the 3 and 4 pictured speakers, worth picking up, maybe?

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Ljk said:

If you go to atlanta cls look under electronics and do a search for qsc click on concerts subwoofers/speakers.

You're making me work too hard.  :lol:  Is "cls" Craigslist?  Usually abbreviated "CL?"

I got on Atlanta CL and did not find the speakers you mentioned.

I did find some really cool looking QSC desktop speakers.  You should definitely get these for your laptop, $5000 is a pittance for a man with your money.  B)

00h0h_bO3Bx8Wk2R6_600x450.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

You're making me work too hard.  :lol:  Is "cls" Craigslist?  Usually abbreviated "CL?"

I got on Atlanta CL and did not find the speakers you mentioned.

I did find some really cool looking QSC desktop speakers.  You should definitely get these for your laptop, $5000 is a pittance for a man with your money.  B)

00h0h_bO3Bx8Wk2R6_600x450.jpg

Why don't you just call them and see if they've ever heard of anyone using them in a home setup and, if so, what they recommend.  From what I recall them telling us, those horns are made for a specific dispersion pattern for being used behind screens.

• Moderators
On 5/2/2018 at 8:14 AM, avguytx said:

QSC speakers? In a cinema in Arkansas? 

Thats Heresy!!

😀 j/k. Glad they are restoring it.  

Is that the one that's haunted?

The Rialto theatre in El Dorado, Arkansas is being remodeled as a part of the Murphy Arts District, but I hope they continue to use Klipsch, as they have in the Griffin and Amphitheatre venues.

SSH

1 hour ago, richieb said:

--- 1.4 in. Exit dia. Toys --

Sheesh, that is not a problem.

Some jbl 2445j drivers, 4 inch diaphragms... 28 lbs. each.

They have W bins with ports in the front. Ugly, though, looks like they're covered in rat fur.

Jbl 2240 h 18 inch woofers.

Bruce