Recommendation for Rear Passive Radiators?...

I have several pair of Klipsch speakers with the rear passive radiators...I had thought it was recommended in the past (although not in my original "owner's manual") that the rear of the speakers be near a corner with varying distances from the rear wall...someone posted on another Forum about the newer Forte' lll that the distance from the rear wall should be much closer than I had read in the past...

Is there a general recommendation for distance from the rear wall for our passive radiators on speakers like the kg2, Quartet/Forte'/Chorus speakers???

Bill

I have several pair of Klipsch speakers with the rear passive radiators...I had thought it was recommended in the past (although not in my original "owner's manual") that the rear of the speakers be near a corner with varying distances from the rear wall...someone posted on another Forum about the newer Forte' lll that the distance from the rear wall should be much closer than I had read in the past...

Is there a general recommendation for distance from the rear wall for our passive radiators on speakers like the kg2, Quartet/Forte'/Chorus speakers???

Bill

I guess the speaker placement is very room dependent. No strict rules here.

My FIII’s is 12" from the wall, for the moment, but hasn’t decided on finale placement. These things take time...
  • Thanks 1

It's a compromise between where YOU want to place them and the variations in acoustic performace vs. speaker location.

The closer you place them, the more bass reinforcement. You may or may not need such reinforcement.  Experiment and see what works best for you.

I heard a pair of Forte's that were easily 3 feet or more from the rear wall. The bass was accurate, and incredible.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Peter P. said:

It's a compromise between where YOU want to place them and the variations in acoustic performace vs. speaker location.

The closer you place them, the more bass reinforcement. You may or may not need such reinforcement.  Experiment and see what works best for you.

I heard a pair of Forte's that were easily 3 feet or more from the rear wall. The bass was accurate, and incredible.

Too close is no good.  I always go by the rule of thumb Frazier speakers (my original Mark Va's with rear slot load or the Elevens) stated 1-3 feet away from the wall behind it.  I have found that to work well with passives also.  I myself wouldn't go closer than 6 to 8 inches.

• Thanks 1