When I first saw that listening room pic in another thread, I thought it was a dealer I used to go to in Cary years ago. Didn't realize it was the Cary Audio listening room. Fantastic.

I owned an SLP-98 years ago. Nice preamp. I am actually taking delivery of an SLI-80 integrated amp today. Looking forward to it.

Shakey

• Like 1

Billy Wright is the President of CARY AUDIO. Billy is explaining the CAD-211 production run they were working on. Monica has been with CARY for 13 years and was showing the "old" schematics. She can assemble these blind folded. Will show more specifics soon.

Edited by guywithwine
incorrect model number

• Moderators
3 hours ago, guywithwine said:

Have asked Forum member Daryl Berk to comment on the pics. Daryl is the Product Manager for CARY AUDIO.

So where's he been hiding?

Looking forward to hearing what he has to say.  He has a lot of fans here.  It would be interesting to hear what he thinks would be the perfect match for 2-way Jubilees.

Travis

Hello All!

Daryl Berk from Cary Audio here.  Thanks for all the great posts. I’m on vacation and don’t have easy access to Wi-Fi, but hope to be able to get online Friday morning. At that time I would be very happy to chime in as I’m all thumbs (literally) using my phone :)  

see you tomorrow!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Dberk said:

Hello All!

Daryl Berk from Cary Audio here.  Thanks for all the great posts. I’m on vacation and don’t have easy access to Wi-Fi, but hope to be able to get online Friday morning. At that time I would be very happy to chime in as I’m all thumbs (literally) using my phone :)  

see you tomorrow!

Hi Daryl, big welcome to the Klipsch forums!  :emotion-19:  :emotion-21:  :emotion-29:

Great first post, I'm looking forward to hear your thoughts on anything audio you care to share.  Enjoy your vacation, we will see you when you get back. 

-Dave

Hello again! 

Well, I finally have some Wi-Fi and a computer with a real keyboard for the moment.  So, I better take advantage.

To address some of the specific questions in some of the posts, the preamp being built is an SLP-98, which is our “mid-level” preamplifier.  As for the mono block, that is the formidable CAD-211FE!

Klipsch and Cary Audio have a long history of synergy.   For the purpose of this topic I’m going to take for granted we’re mostly taking about the Heritage Series and or Jubilee’s.  As a company, we manufacture various tube and solid state products.  To break it down for simplification purposes, we essentially produce two styles of tube circuits, SET and Ultralinear.  Each have different various styles, i.e. integrated amplifier or power amplifier, and sizes/price points.   From our perspective (keeping in mind we also produce terrific solid state amplifiers) Klipsch and Cary tubes is a combination hard to beat on many levels.  At minimum, we’d recommend using tube power on the mids and highs.  Tubes can also sound wonderful on bass bins or the “woofers”.  As for which style of tube circuit, well that’s a bit more complex.  Let’s first address power at to take that part out of the equation.  With the efficiency of  the Heritage Series and Jubilee, any of our tube based products will have the power to drive them.  What one most consider is the size of their space, the volume level they desire and the type of source material they will use, and is it a 2-channel or HT system.

The SET designs are single ended triode (Class A).  This is a very different circuit then utralinear but when it comes to 2-channel, lighter genres without the need for earthshaking bass in favor of wonderfully textured bass, the SET cannot be beat.  It is magical on a scale its own.  One could combine SET on the mids/highs and use solid state on the bass if they require harder hitting bass for HT or other more modern musical genres.  SET and or biamping is certainly a bit more expensive.  The ultralinear amplifiers and integrated amps are Class AB with some designs having a triode mode, which is all Class A but cuts the power output in half (Triode is not SET).   All AB amp even in ultralinear mode will run in Class A for a small portion then switch over to make the Class AB.  Our ultralinear designs overall are a bit more economical with greater output power while exploiting all the advantages of tubes.  The exception is our CAD-211FE mono block.  They are our most expensive amplifier and offer fantastic top to bottom sound with very high power with any source material.  They are in use in many recoding and master studios around the world. 

In a nutshell, ultrlinear is more affordable, higher power, more “linear” sounding and are great with all musical genres.  SET are more niche for incredible musicality with a greater mid-range richness and typically for lower listening levels on lighter genres of music.  Of course one could biamp using SET on mids/highs and use utralinear or solid state on the bass for the “best of everything” scenario.

I hope this helps.  Many customer and companies around the world have discovered the magic of Cary Audio with Klipsch Heritage.  If I can answer any additional questions, please let me know

-Daryl Berk
 Cary Audio

Edited by Dberk
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

• Moderators
30 minutes ago, Dberk said:

Hello again! 

Well, I finally have some Wi-Fi and a computer with a real keyboard for the moment.  So, I better take advantage.

To address some of the specific questions in some of the posts, the preamp being built is an SLP-98, which is our “mid-level” preamplifier.  As for the mono block, that is the formidable CAD-211FE!

Klipsch and Cary Audio have a long history of synergy.   For the purpose of this topic I’m going to take for granted we’re mostly taking about the Heritage Series and or Jubilee’s.  As a company, we manufacture various tube and solid state products.  To break it down for simplification purposes, we essentially produce two styles of tube circuits, SET and Ultralinear.  Each have different various styles, i.e. integrated amplifier or power amplifier, and sizes/price points.   From our perspective (keeping in mind we also produce terrific solid state amplifiers) Klipsch and Cary tubes is a combination hard to beat on many levels.  At minimum, we’d recommend using tube power on the mids and highs.  Tubes can also sound wonderful on bass bins or the “woofers”.  As for which style of tube circuit, well that’s a bit more complex.  Let’s first address power at to take that part out of the equation.  With the efficiency of  the Heritage Series and Jubilee, any of our tube based products will have the power to drive them.  What one most consider is the size of their space, the volume level they desire and the type of source material they will use, and is it a 2-channel or HT system.

The SET designs are single ended triode (Class A).  This is a very different circuit then utralinear but when it comes to 2-channel, lighter genres without the need for earthshaking bass in favor of wonderfully textured bass, the SET cannot be beat.  It is magical on a scale its own.  One could combine SET on the mids/highs and use solid state on the bass if they require harder hitting bass for HT or other more modern musical genres.  SET and or biamping is certainly a bit more expensive.  The ultralinear amplifiers and integrated amps are Class AB with some designs having a triode mode, which is all Class A but cuts the power output in half (Triode is not SET).   All AB amp even in ultralinear mode will run in Class A for a small portion then switch over to make the Class AB.  Our ultralinear designs overall are a bit more economical with greater output power while exploiting all the advantages of tubes.  The exception is our CAD-211FE mono block.  They are our most expensive amplifier and offer fantastic top to bottom sound with very high power with any source material.  They are in use in many recoding and master studios around the world. 

In a nutshell, ultrlinear is more affordable, higher power, more “linear” sounding and are great with all musical genres.  SET are more niche for incredible musicality with a greater mid-range richness and typically for lower listening levels on lighter genres of music.  Of course one could biamp using SET on mids/highs and use utralinear or solid state on the bass for the “best of everything” scenario.

I hope this helps.  Many customer and companies around the world have discovered the magic of Cary Audio with Klipsch Heritage.  If I can answer any additional questions, please let me know

-Daryl Berk
 Cary Audio

Daryl:

Thank you for that great post.

I believe @mikebse2a3 runs your AD 2a3Ii integrated amp and CAD 2A3SE monoblocks, I am not sure if he is using those together or if he is switching them in and out.

You have to bi-amp the Jubilees because they require an external crossover.  Some run passive, but a lot run active crossovers.  More than a few run tube amps on the top section, and SS on the LF.

Travis

• Like 1

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Shakeydeal said:

Daryl,

On a side note, I sent a message regarding tube substitution through the Cary Audio website on Monday. Today is Friday and no response. Is this normal?

Thx

Dude, they are in Munich, Germany for the worlds largest high end audio show.  I think it is probably pretty normal for every high end audio manufacturer. 

Kind of like January for CES.

I would shoot then another email or call next week.

• Like 1

I would add that I should have a tour of the new Western Electric facility in Rossville, GA within a couple of months (hopefully). Besides the WE 300B production, they have been showing their new 300B amplifier and CD player. The stereo 300B is built on a single PCB, with a SS power supply. The CD player will do 192k. More to come!

Bruce

• Thanks 1

On 5/11/2018 at 7:04 PM, Shakeydeal said:

Daryl,

On a side note, I sent a message regarding tube substitution through the Cary Audio website on Monday. Today is Friday and no response. Is this normal?

THX

In 2016, I had done the same thing by contacting the technical support of their site to ask them about changing the valve rectify on my SLI50. He had fussed that I do a relaunch on the commercial contact of their site after ten days and the technician then quickly answered me.

• Moderators
22 hours ago, Marvel said:

I would add that I should have a tour of the new Western Electric facility in Rossville, GA within a couple of months (hopefully). Besides the WE 300B production, they have been showing their new 300B amplifier and CD player. The stereo 300B is built on a single PCB, with a SS power supply. The CD player will do 192k. More to come!

Bruce

Great news Bruce, thank you.

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 1:04 PM, Shakeydeal said:

Daryl,

Thx

Tech support can be reached at techsupport@caryaudio.com.  We have been a been out of pocket last week due to the Munich show.  If you do have a persistent issue contacting service,. please feel free to email me directly at daryl@caryaudio.com. 

• Thanks 1

On a side note, forums are a fantastic way for folks of common interest to communicate and share information.  However, Cary Audio as a company does not monitor forums because we feel they are the consumers domain.  So, if anyone does need sales, customer service, or technical assistance and posts it here, we many not see it in a timely fashion or perhaps at all.    Therefore, don't hesitate to contact us directly.  That being said, I will try to jump in under this Topic from time to time and comment where appropriate.  Thanks again and enjoy your Klipsch (and hopefully Cary Audio:)) systems! 

Sales, consulting, or CS issues:

Daryl@caryaudio.com

Repair, parts, upgrades, service issues:

techsupport@caryaudio.com  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/11/2018 at 6:12 PM, dwilawyer said:

Daryl:

Thank you for that great post.

I believe @mikebse2a3 runs your AD 2a3Ii integrated amp and CAD 2A3SE monoblocks, I am not sure if he is using those together or if he is switching them in and out.

You have to bi-amp the Jubilees because they require an external crossover.  Some run passive, but a lot run active crossovers.  More than a few run tube amps on the top section, and SS on the LF.

Travis

As far as I am concerned, I am in passive bi-amplification. A Mc 2125 in the bottom and the fabulous Cary SLI 50 (version 1 2 x 30W in class A) and I am happy like that since 1998.

• Like 1

• Chad unfeatured this topic