On 5/9/2018 at 4:41 PM, wvu80 said:

That can't be right.  Are you telling me that schematic ^^^ is the template for how the workers put those pre-amps together

That's an assembly aid or assembly drawing for a fact. The schematic will have the coveted squiggly lines and arrows you so desire.:)

• Like 1

• Moderators
On 5/10/2018 at 1:50 PM, Shakeydeal said:

When I first saw that listening room pic in another thread, I thought it was a dealer I used to go to in Cary years ago. Didn't realize it was the Cary Audio listening room. Fantastic.

I owned an SLP-98 years ago. Nice preamp. I am actually taking delivery of an SLI-80 integrated amp today. Looking forward to it.

Shakey

Well, were waiting . . . . .

How does it sound?  Photos?

• 2 months later...

Later in the summer, I hope to be doing an interview with the owner of Western Electric. They are getting stuff moved into their new manufacturing facility here in Rossville, Georgia (just across the state line from Chattanooga, TN). Anyone who has specific questions I could ask, let me know.

Bruce

• Like 3

• Moderators
On 7/15/2018 at 5:01 PM, LarryC said:

Is something happening with this?  Isn't VPI in Nj or some place in the NE?

Larry

We have a recent tour of Krell ready to post photos, etc.

Should I add those photos here and amend the title, or start a seperate thread?

• Moderators

The Krell Industries factory.

Krell is located in Orange, Connecticut, a part of the USA very near, and dear to me (I went to school near there).

This is from their "About" page:

history.gif

For decades, Krell Industries has been the world's best-known and most respected manufacturer of high-end audio products. Since the introduction of the company's first product - the KSA-100 stereo amplifier, the Krell brand has stood for the uncompromising pursuit of perfection in audio reproduction.

Krell produces high-end audio products exclusively; it has never bent to market trends by producing low-quality products that are not in line with the company's mission. Krell designs all of its products and performs its core manufacturing in the company's Connecticut headquarters.

Founded in 1980, Krell has grown and flourished for nearly three decades. Each year has brought state-of-the-art advances in product design, and innovative corporate development.

Krell consistently has garnered laudatory reviews and won wide-ranging praise from the industry's most knowledgeable and discerning commentators and reviewers. Perhaps no company in audio today enjoys a more distinguished reputation for engineering innovation and product excellence than does Krell Industries, LLC

• Moderators

So now for the tour, I think Richard ( @guywithwine ) will jump in here and add some comments.  As with the previous tour, feel free to ask any questions about the photos and Richard to try to answer them as best as he can.  I ( @dwilawyer ) would appreciate any feedback on the size of photos posted, quality of the photos posted, number of photos per post, etc.

I have the software @wvu80 recommended that can change the quality and size of photos, and I am still messing around with it and don't know what is optimum for something like this so please bear with me.

DSC_3059.jpg

DSC_3063.jpg

DSC_3066.jpg

DSC_3070.jpg

• Like 1

American Made Class A Solid State that is built to last decades delivering hundreds of Class A watts isn't  cheap. Try Checking out the refurbished units delivering 200 to 600 Class A watts for value.  There are hundreds of reviews by noted professionals on the Krell sound.  Worth a listen...

• Like 1

• Chad unfeatured this topic