Finally Upgrading to Dolby Atmos!

Youthman

• Moderators

Well I'm excited to finally be moving towards Dolby Atmos! I ordered my Atmos speakers and am awaiting the arrival of the Denon AVR-X6400H receiver. I know I will be looking for advice from you guys that already have moved to Atmos and Auro-3D so I'm excited to take my home theater to the next level. I thought I would document my journey along the way

• Like 1

congrats- you'll love the CDT-5800's. Using them in my theater and they really perform well for Atmos. can't comment on the receiver choices- since i am currently using yamaha 3060. but I'm sure either the denon or marantz will be fine too. look forward to journey. congrats

• Moderators

Thanks Kman.  Yeah, I'll likely just paint them black.  No one will ever know they are Version I and Version II.  While I'm at it, I might as well paint the white trim ring around my can lights.  Never did get around to doing that.

It will be nice to watch your progress and impressions. There isn't a lot of Atmos talk here which is why I am on the Dolby Atmos Home Users Worlwide Facebook group as well. I haven't jumped in yet as I am just in the exploration stage .As I mentioned to you on that page , there are several Klipsch Users in that group although mostly the RP Line , surprisingly several THX Ultra II users, but very few Heritage or Pro users.

Looking forward to your impressions .                                              

Gary

• Moderators

Thanks Gary.  The 5800's have arrived!  Just ordered another 100' of speaker wire.  Will be installing them next week while @WakeJunkie is visiting.  I'm hoping Atmos will be as significant of an upgrade as everyone says it is.  I have heard two Atmos theaters and they sound fantastic.  I am wondering if I will be ok with my side surrounds and back surrounds mounted where they are as Dolby recommends mounting them close to ear level (which mine are not due to room limitations).

another great video. just remember to remove the inside dust liner in the grill cover before painting. it attaches back in nicely. I picked up a trigger adapter from home depot that snaps onto the spray can top. makes a huge difference. I recommend it highly. 

rust-oleum-stops-rust-spray-guns-241526-64_1000.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kman said:

another great video. just remember to remove the inside dust liner in the grill cover before painting. it attaches back in nicely. I picked up a trigger adapter from home depot that snaps onto the spray can top. makes a huge difference. I recommend it highly. 

rust-oleum-stops-rust-spray-guns-241526-64_1000.jpg

This thing changed my life. I used to hate spray painting but once I got this and a good 3m mask it makes a world of difference. The leverage from the trigger depresses the nozzle better too and the cans really spray more like a gun.

• Moderators

Thanks for the tips guys.  $7 too!  I like that.

I do remember the white liner during the unboxing but honestly, I'm not sure I would have thought to remove that.   Dumb question but do I put it back in after it dries or is it just for shipping purposes?

Hey @Youthman Ive enjoyed a few of your videos on youtube. I also recently upgraded to Dolby Atmos. However, I went with 2 Klipsch RP-280FA's as RF-7 II are not in my near future as of yet. I am absolutely in love with the Atmos Demo disc with these new speakers. Maybe when I purchase my first home. If you ever get a chance to listen to the Atmos demo disc it will put a cheer smile on your face. 

Side note, I see on klipsch it says you live in florida? thats awesome, I live in Orlando!