What 5-Way binding posts have you used to replace the stock ones in your Klipsch speakers

I am in the middle of doing some equipment upgrades, and one of the things that I feel could benefit from some improvement are the 5-way binding posts on the terminal cup on the back of my Chorus II's, and Forte II's. I have access to several large warehouse type outlets that I can source the replacement posts from. However the variation in price and selection is very surprising to me. Some cost far more than any single cable I own. So, I need to ask for some experienced veterans here, what have you used with great success in the past when you replaced your original stock 5-way binding posts. 

Please speak to the effect of soldered vs terminal post if you care to as well.

On another side note, I would have asked for advice on choosing 7 new rca interconnects for a new amplifier, but that would be like

a5Fcan5Fof5Fworms5Fhg5Fwht.gif

I have some cheap ones from the forms Radio Shack, but some I have seen are very pricey. The only complaint I have heard about the cheaper ones had to do with the holes to put wires through. Folks said they have had them posts twist off when tightening down on the speaker wires. If the posts themselves were thicker that wouldn't be a problem.

These look good:

http://muellerelectric.com/product/bu-00283/

Bruce

Parts Express BPA-38G or nickel coating... well quoted in these forums.  They are on 4 Heresy speakers I have.  I have built 11 speaker patch panel and individual speaker wall plates using these. Much better than plastic mash ups.

This is not an answer to your posted question, but I put only Neutrik speakON connectors in the speakers I build or refurbish.  I also use them as speaker connectors on the amps I build.   The connections are quick, positive and durable.  A million roadies know what they’re doing.  The final straw was broken binding posts on a DIY TH sub that were snapped off by a falling exercise weight.

E26BC4F9-2947-44F0-9F1E-9D5C37519D05.jpeg.47cf282b38cb5fe9a5ddac2c3a71c451.jpeg

2 hours ago, DizRotus said:

The final straw was broken binding posts on a DIY TH sub that were snapped off by a falling exercise weight.

You dropped a dumb bell on a binding post and then get mad at the binding post for breaking?  That's the same logic my wife uses on me, she's the dumb bell and I'm the binding post!  🤮  (new smileys!)  🎃🎯🔚

(if you can't get to a new paragraph after using one of the new smileys, use the space bar instead of the arrow keys.  Glitches already.  )

Anyway, I am also doing a DIY project with the Speakons.  The one @DizRotus posted is the original Neutrik brand speakon.  Highly recommended.  👍

The Neutrik is higher quality than the knock-offs IMO for just a couple dollars more.  You make your own cables which uses a Pozidrive screw as the speakons are screw-in types, not solder connections.  They are as easy to build and use as banana plugs only more secure.  Use the banana (or bare wire) on one end and a speakon for the other.  Easy-peasy.

The cables are really easy to make but make sure you have a Pozidrive bit or screwdriver, PZ0 in this case.  They are hard to find locally, don't use a Phillips head (4 slot) instead of the PZ0 (8-slot).

IMG_0605.JPG

IMG_0600.JPG

IMG_0596.JPG

IMG_0597.JPG

• Like 1

I agree with Dave, @wvu80, about avoiding knock-offs.  I bought a few by accident.  I’d much rather pay a little more and get the genuine made in Liechtenstein Neutrik speakON connectors.

FWIW, I prefer the round female connectors for speakers.  I only use the square female connectors in situations where space is limited, such as on amps.

On 5/7/2018 at 9:50 AM, DizRotus said:

I prefer the round female connectors for speakers.  I only use the square female connectors in situations where space is limited,

Is this a discourse on your early dating experiences? The former, perhaps a motor mouth with a group of friends at a bar, and the latter, the back seat of a Ford at a drive-in movie?

• Haha 1

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, thebes said:

Is this a discourse on your early dating experiences? The former, perhaps a motor mouth with a group of friends at a bar, and the latter, the back seat of a Ford at a drive-in movie?

Oh boy, someone let Thebes out of the Taverna

La Taverna.jpg

Now Travis. think about it for a moment. Diz is claiming he has interchangeable female "connectors".

Wouldn't we all like that particular option?

I gotta tell ya my connector don't work quite as well as it used to. Wouldn't it be great to swap it out for a fresh and different shaped one?

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, thebes said:

Now Travis. think about it for a moment. Diz is claiming he has interchangeable female "connectors".

Wouldn't we all like that particular option?

I gotta tell ya my connector don't work quite as well as it used to. Wouldn't it be great to swap it out for a fresh and different shaped one?

Well I guess it depends what you are working with, to begin with: Amphenol, Molex, Yazaki, CANNON?  

• Moderators
29 minutes ago, 314carpenter said:

Seeing how everyone is hanging out in here, I figured I should update. I have not settled on the binding posts, but have ordered 7 rca cables from Morrow Audio that I will be placing between the Denon X6200W and Monolith 7X. I went with a 10 day burn in free of charge courtesy of Mike Morrow, on MA-2's for the LCR, MA-1.1 surround, and the lowly MA-1's on front height/atmos. I won't have them here for another month though.

GO BREWERS! oh,wait the Indians just hit a homerun. Let's Go!

152582803224054493416.jpg

You blew it, you should have got the cryogenic treatment too.  :)

40 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

IMO, the best binding posts are no binding posts.

You mean you run your speaker wires directly from the amp to the speaker driver terminals?  Wow.

That's hard core.