NBA Playoffs

Jeff Matthews

There will always be those debatable arguments Lebron vs Jordan for GOAT.  The difference in my mind is Jordan played with an all-star coach Phil Jackson and had all-star players on the team.

This year in particular the Cav's team is mediocre at best with an older rooster but I don't think I've ever seen such an average team with a single player who wills his team to win with his incredible competitive drive at the championship level.

Before Jordan was on those great Bulls teams he was just a great player on a poor team and they didn't win championships.  Lebron's ability to single handedly lift his teams from good to great is an undefinable statistic but one that Lebron definitely has over Jordan.

Each was among the dominant players of their time.   But GOAT?  I would have said Jordan almost always, but LeBron is still playing.  I want to wait and see a couple more years work.

A very recent tidbit on TV interviewing Chones the announcer who Lebron knocked down in the seats, Chones said he weighs 275 pounds and Lebron picked him up with ease and totally amazed him with his strength.

JJK

30 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Who has more rings?

Jordan, with 6, and played 15 seasons.

James 3, in 14 seasons.

I think Jordan played with more heart, James is more physical. 

Rings are something to consider, but they are not the tell-all.  As wvu (Dave) said, look at who they played with.  Jordan had teammates who were MVP's and Hall of Famers.

3 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Rings are something to consider, but they are not the tell-all.  As wvu (Dave) said, look at who they played with.  Jordan had teammates who were MVP's and Hall of Famers.

Yogi Berra gots ten. It's baseball season!

4 hours ago, Jeff Matthews said:

I think that proves another point in Jordan's favor, he makes other players around him better. James just takes over the game and puts all the weight on his shoulders.

I was at a Pacer game when they killed the Cavs a few weeks ago. James spent the whole game complaining and working the refs. I think the game is a little more political nowadays when it comes to the refs. They could've called charging on him at least 10 times, he had 2 fouls in the game.

12 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

I think that proves another point in Jordan's favor, he makes other players around him better. James just takes over the game and puts all the weight on his shoulders.

I was at a Pacer game when they killed the Cavs a few weeks ago. James spent the whole game complaining and working the refs. I think the game is a little more political nowadays when it comes to the refs. They could've called charging on him at least 10 times, he had 2 fouls in the game.

Yeah, he's a bum.  My bad.

He's a great player but "the decision" really turned me off.  The way he talks about his play really doesn't do anything for me either.  As far as on the court goes Jordan played much better defense.  Wasn't he first team defense every year they won in the finals?

Just now, Ceptorman said:

James turned me off when he went to Miami. He showed up to a press conference wearing a giant king's robe and calling himself King James. Jordan did all his talking on the court, or on the sidelines!

It's such a shame how losers can be graced with such talent.

3 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

It's such a shame how losers can be graced with such talent.

I wouldn't call him a loser at all, and I don't think I did. He just doesn't seem like a class act like Jordan was. Did you see the end of the Pacers/Cavs game where the Pacers won by 20+ points? James ran off to the locker room with time still on the clock. The rest of the team was congratulating the other team. 

7 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

I wouldn't call him a loser at all, and I don't think I did. He just doesn't seem like a class act like Jordan was. Did you see the end of the Pacers/Cavs game where the Pacers won by 20+ points? James ran off to the locker room with time still on the clock. The rest of the team was congratulating the other team. 

I'm not really aware of all these issues.  I just watch the play-offs and see how he plays.  He could be queer and wear and Queen's outfit with stockings, and I would still judge how he plays by how he plays.