NBA Playoffs

Jeff Matthews

Cav's vs Celtics, Cav's by 3 after 3 quarters.  I think both teams are stinkin' it up with terrible 3-point shooting! 

If it's close you usually think of Lebron taking over the game at the end.  We'll see.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

I don't know how the Cavs won... 

NO O-boards for the most part.  Sure you're tired but do you want the W or the L???  Now on to the next one somehow!

The Cavs won because the Celtics stunk worse in the second half.  The game was exciting and it's fun to watch a single player dominate but it was not a work of art.

With rare exception most NBA teams don't even bother to try to offensive rebound anymore.  Once a shot is put into the air the shooting team sprints to the other end to play defense to stop the fast break.  I'm not sure the Celtics even had a single fast break bucket last night.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wvu80 said:

The Cavs won because the Celtics stunk worse in the second half.  The game was exciting and it's fun to watch a single player dominate but it was not a work of art.

With rare exception most NBA teams don't even bother to try to offensive rebound anymore.  Once a shot is put into the air the shooting team sprints to the other end to play defense to stop the fast break.  I'm not sure the Celtics even had a single fast break bucket last night.

It's amazing that teams can drain three's for maybe three games in a row then can't hit the side of a barn thereafter,

JJK

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JJkizak said:

It's amazing that teams can drain three's for maybe three games in a row then can't hit the side of a barn thereafter,

JJK

Sometimes that basket looks REAL BIG and at other times it's small...  Hahahaha...  

This is it!  Go Rockets!

FYI Vegas has the Rockets as a 2 point underdog at home for this game, unusual for a Game 7 and the team with the best regular season record in the NBA.  I think that's probably because of the loss of Chris Paul due to hamstring injury.

I was rooting for the Celtics and Rockets to make the finals, but both teams stunk it up in Game 7.  They were playing street ball, fire at will.  At least Houston had people in position to rebound most of the time.  I know it's due to inexperience, but Boston wasn't running any sets or isolation, so their bigs were never in place when the shots went up.

Sadly, "bombs away" only works when said shots are going in.  27 straight 3-point misses for the Rockets?  Had they drove to the hoop for half of those possessions they probably would have won.  They were doing well with that and went away from it.

So now it's Cleveland / Golden State AGAIN.  I'm calling Warriors in 5, 6 at the most.  But at least we'll see some drives and layups and dunks instead of three dozen 30-foot bricks per game.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, kvndoom said:

but both teams stunk it up in Game 7.

Houston was up by 11 at one point I believe but GS did their 3'rd quarter thing again.  CP3 going down was the difference in the series I truly believe.  Houston was poised to win up to that point.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Houston was up by 11 at one point I believe but GS did their 3'rd quarter thing again.  CP3 going down was the difference in the series I truly believe.  Houston was poised to win up to that point.

Indeed, and in the 1st half they were doing great in the paint as well as outside.  I had to go to bed at halftime or I wouldn't have gotten the 5 hours sleep I did manage, but it seems like they relied too much on the long ball when GS was chipping away in the 3rd.  Game 7 was almost a mirror image of 6.  They've been saying for decades, you live by the 3, you die by the 3.

Even without Chris Paul they had a fair chance to win both those games and should have won one of them.  Let's hope they rematch next year with both teams fully healthy.

15 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Just think, now you get to watch the rest of the Stanley Cup!