NBA Playoffs

Jeff Matthews

Defense matters, both ways.

In the fourth quarter I noticed GS was doubling LeBron which they typically don't do. 

Look at the Cav D and GS dunked on them at least two and maybe three times in the last 90 seconds.  C'mon Cleveland you gotta play defense in the last two minutes in a close game like it's important.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Defense matters, both ways.

In the fourth quarter I noticed GS was doubling LeBron which they typically don't do. 

Look at the Cav D and GS dunked on them at least two and maybe three times in the last 90 seconds.  C'mon Cleveland you gotta play defense in the last two minutes in a close game like it's important.

ABSOLUTELY spot ON!  Offensive scoring sells tickets but DEFENSIVE play wins Championships!  

• Like 1

Offensively I think both teams played excellent ball. It was the best game of the series so far, if you like watching team ball and execution.  Lots of screens, cuts, drives and so many beautiful passes from both teams.  That game last night exemplified why we're watching Cleveland and Golden State, and not Houston vs Boston. It was really a shame that one team had to lose. 

As an added plus, it was a close game that wasn't decided by officiating.

When Durant hit that 3 from the exact same spot where he won Game 3 last year, I just burst out laughing. Total deja vu.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, JJkizak said:

Like I said before I think Lue will be fired.

JJK

The talking heads were discussing this as well.  Lue really doesn't call set plays. He's not able to as Lebron does pretty much what he wants.  You'll never see James look to the sidelines to see what Lue wants to run.  I never noticed it till they mentioned it but I was looking at just that last night and they were right.   It must be hard to be a coach and not be able to coach.

2 hours ago, JJkizak said:

Like I said before I think Lue will be fired.

JJK

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

The talking heads were discussing this as well.  Lue really doesn't call set plays. He's not able to as Lebron does pretty much what he wants.  You'll never see James look to the sidelines to see what Lue wants to run.  I never noticed it till they mentioned it but I was looking at just that last night and they were right.   It must be hard to be a coach and not be able to coach.

EXACTLY, what I mentioned a few days ago...  Lue knows a bit of hoops but hasn't ever impressed me as a coach.  He's more of an intermediary between LBJ and the team although they do understand what he wants done w/o use of a dry erase board.  Sometimes it happens the way he wants but many times LBJ goes improv!!  lol  It /works Lue's a genius!  Bottom line...  LBJ is gonna be a player/coach or Cleveland has to hire a Coach and not a puppet.  On to game 4...  The odds now?  Slim and none BUT IF Cleveland pulls off a 4-game run now???  First time that's been done...  lol  BUT  😂😂😎

4 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

Cleveland pulls off a 4-game run now??? 

It will take some injuries or ejections of the Warriors for that to happen.  That's exactly how they beat GS in the finals before.  That, and they had Irvin.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

The odds now?  Slim and none BUT IF Cleveland pulls off a 4-game run now???

Cavs were actually competitive in Game1 and they were competitive in Game3 but they faded late in the 4th on both occasions.

I know it's easy to blame Lebron for everything, but let's face facts, the Warriors are the best TEAM in the NBA.  Especially in the NBA you have to have talent to win and Golden State has the best players, except one.

The 2018 All Star teams were Team LeBron which had Kevin Love, while Team Steph featured Steph Curry, Kevin Durant, Draymond Green and Klay Thompson.

Other than LeBron are there any other players on the Cavs who would even start for Golden State?

13 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Other than LeBron are there any other players on the Cavs who would even start for Golden State?

How many Rockets would start for Golden State?  Maybe Hardin but who would he replace?  I'd take Curry over CP3 as well.  Houston took them to 7 games.  I truly believe Houston would be in the finals if CP3 stayed healthy.

4 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

How many Rockets would start for Golden State?  Maybe Hardin but who would he replace?  I'd take Curry over CP3 as well.  Houston took them to 7 games.  I truly believe Houston would be in the finals if CP3 stayed healthy.

I'd take the 4 worst GS starters for the 4 worst Cavs starters.  I'd make that same trade between GS and Houston as well. 

22 minutes ago, JL Sargent said:

What if Lebron goes to GS in the off-season?

My guess is the league would veto that move.

I'm surprised they allowed KD to join the Warriors a couple of years ago.  The NBA is on record saying they don't want dominant "super star" teams but their practice is different from their rhetoric.

2 hours ago, JL Sargent said:

What if Lebron goes to GS in the off-season? Who could compete with that team? Nobody in the league has an answer for Durant and that certainly includes the Rockets.

Why would they want that circus?  I can't think of anything worse for their team chemistry plus, they don't need him.

Durant averaged 1.3 pts per game more than Hardin in the WCF, it was basically a wash.  You may not have an answer for him, but if you have someone who can keep up with him you can compete.

2 hours ago, wvu80 said:

My guess is the league would veto that move.

I'm surprised they allowed KD to join the Warriors a couple of years ago.  The NBA is on record saying they don't want dominant "super star" teams but their practice is different from their rhetoric.

I didn't know they could block trades unless there was a cap violation or it violated the CBA.

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:
3 hours ago, JL Sargent said:

So far from it. Durant hits Finals game winners, Harden misses em.

Agreed but not my point.  I was referring to overall production.

Kind of like the electoral college vs. the popular vote...  Only one of them counts.  Durant moved on.  I'd trade Harden for Durant in a heartbeat.  Actually, just this switch, alone, could sort of "even up" the conference.