Jump to content

NBA Playoffs


Jeff Matthews
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Jeff Matthews said:

I'm not really aware of all these issues.  I just watch the play-offs and see how he plays.  He could be queer and wear and Queen's outfit with stockings, and I would still judge how he plays by how he plays.

Now that I would pay extra to see 😀

 

He is definitely a force on a ball court, as big as he is and moves like a dancer. I can imagine him on a football team.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/7/2018 at 10:17 PM, Jeff Matthews said:

Toronto is going to be swept.  Cavs looking their best ever.

The Cavs looked great against Toronto, now they're playing terrible against Boston. They're a hard team to figure out, they get very hot then cool down. James had a terrible first game, and a spectacular game 2, but the rest of the team really stunk the place up.

 

Houston/GS seems to be the series to watch. I hope Houston can pull off the win.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ceptorman said:

The Cavs looked great against Toronto, now they're playing terrible against Boston. They're a hard team to figure out, they get very hot then cool down. James had a terrible first game, and a spectacular game 2, but the rest of the team really stunk the place up.

 

Houston/GS seems to be the series to watch. I hope Houston can pull off the win.

My sentiments, exactly!  From what I've heard (and now seen), the Cavs/Toronto series went the way it did because some teams just seem to match up better despite their overall records playing other teams.  The Cavs beat Toronto in the regular season 2 out of 3, if I am reading correctly.  Boston is more challenging to the Cavs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jeff Matthews said:

My sentiments, exactly!  From what I've heard (and now seen), the Cavs/Toronto series went the way it did because some teams just seem to match up better despite their overall records playing other teams.  The Cavs beat Toronto in the regular season 2 out of 3, if I am reading correctly.  Boston is more challenging to the Cavs.

Yep....and Toronto just fired their coach.

Lebron's first quarter play in game 3 or 4 of the Toronto series was amazing, he scored 21 points and had 7 or 8 assist.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/6/2018 at 10:34 AM, Ceptorman said:

Who has more rings?

Jordan, with 6, and played 15 seasons.

James 3, in 14 seasons.

That would make Bill Russell the GOAT as he has more rings than Jordan and James put together.  Eleven rings in 13 seasons.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I remember watching Jordan as a Freshman make the game winning shot for North Carolina in the NCAA National Championship game 1982. We knew he was something special. He was then the #3 pick in the NBA draft. What in the world were those other two teams thinking? I was traveling a lot with work at that time and wouldn't even stay in a hotel if they didn't carry the TV station WGN out of Chicago because they carried all the Bulls home games. On some nights Jordan single handedly dominated, but needed some help to really win it all. Then Jerry Krauss got him some and he three peated (ended up with two of these) with the Bulls in '91, '92, and '93. The rest is history including playing some professional baseball for the Birmingham Barons. :)  Jordan is the best I have watched.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, JL Sargent said:

I remember watching Jordan as a Freshman make the game winning shot for North Carolina in the NCAA National Championship game 1982. We knew he was something special. He was then the #3 pick in the NBA draft.

 

What in the world were those other two teams thinking?

I remember what they were thinking.

 

At that time MJ was only a freshman JUNIOR and arguably not even the best player on the team.  James Worthy was a junior and already had a rep, and soph center Sam Perkins was a dominant big man. 

 

They played under coach Dean Smith who's system was "everybody the same" which did not allow for superstars, he wanted each player on the team to score 15 points a game.  Jordan played about 34 games and averaged 13 points per game.  WRONG! I NEED A BETTER SOURCE!

 

It was in the NBA that MJ started to shine as the coaches recognized the talent and turned him loose where he flourished.  He was much better as pro than a collegiate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, wvu80 said:

He was much better as pro than a collegiate.

Come on now, he was the #3 overall pick! Jordan actually played 3 seasons for Dean Smith at NC and averaged 17.7 pts per game (54% shooting) and 5 rebounds. Jordan was PRE one and done era.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, JL Sargent said:

Come on now, he was the #3 overall pick! Jordan actually played 3 seasons for Dean Smith at NC and averaged 17.7 pts per game (54% shooting) and 5 rebounds. Jordan was PRE one and done era.

 

My bad.  I googled it and I thought it said MJ left after frosh year.  Don't know how I got that so wrong.  ⁉️

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...