Using 2 Subwoofers (Klipsch R-112SW & R-115SW )

Spirit_Rises

You will be just fine adding an R-115SW to the mix.  

When you get it, experiment a bit with the crossover points/phase with both subs.  You may like it where the R-112SW comes in at 80Hz while setting the R-115SW at 40 or 50Hz.  Play around to your satisfaction.  Of course, try different location placement with both subs.

As you can see from my family room rig I have all different size subs(15", 13, 10", 10").

Bill

If was you, is better choice to match the same model for numerous reason.

Power output, gain, and respond. The 15" is more wild in terms dynamics and db output.

As the previous fella told you. Try in differenta location. Pay attention to the crossover point to match your first sub and specially your fronts.

I will be ideal if you be able to by a mini dsp mic and run room eq wizard to analyze the frequency respond of your subs and make a good blend in to the mix. With the graph you can see id there is any null between the fronts and the subs... analyzing the peaks and dips.

No problem with mixing non-identical subs.  Put the smaller one closer to the MLP.  Phase and other stuff is a mute point.  I would turn the XO all the way up or off on both subs.  There is nothing magical about symmetrically sub and usually more negatives.  Even identical subs in two different locations will behave has two totally different subs.  If they are symmetrical. they will reinforce the same frequencies  and dould the same nulls.  Neither is a positive thing in the subwoofer world.

On 5/6/2018 at 3:15 PM, willland said:

You will be just fine adding an R-115SW to the mix.  

When you get it, experiment a bit with the crossover points/phase with both subs.  You may like it where the R-112SW comes in at 80Hz while setting the R-115SW at 40 or 50Hz.  Play around to your satisfaction.  Of course, try different location placement with both subs.

As you can see from my family room rig I have all different size subs(15", 13, 10", 10").

Bill

So, how can i disable crossover on the second sub? should i connect the rca cable to the left and right ports on the subwoofer together and choose the 50hz freq. ?

how should i connect the RCA cable to disable LFE on subwoofer?

On your R-112SW, disable the crossover or turn to highest setting(usually 120Hz) or may have LFE on the dial and on the R-115SW set to 40Hz.  Try for a while and see(hear) what you get.

As far a connections, if your AVR has two sub outputs, then one to each sub woofer.  If only one from AVR, an rca y-splitter.  Connect to L/LFE on each SUB.

Remember this suggestion is just part of experimentation.

Bill

One overlooked aspect of mixing subs like this is that once you get below the tuning frequency of the smaller sub, the two together can actually be worse than just the bigger one by itself.  This is easy to model in REW if this sounds crazy. :)  

The other thing that I run in to all the time is that most of the time people tend to want to put both up front and have no plans to integrate them properly by measuring.  Two mismatched subs may have vastly differing delays from the DSP and if you just hook them up and call it good you may get less than optimal results.