Solid State and Klipsch Forte II

BBZink

Good Evening,

i lately listen to some Ayre integrated amp, sadly, it wasn't on Klipsch Speakers. So

Question n1 - does Ayre and Klipsch sound good?

Question n2 - What are the others options in Solid state amp, that will do well with the Forte?

Thanks for any help, you could provide

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tpjrs said:

What are the others options in Solid state amp, that will do well with the Forte?

Currently use a JVC P-3030 preamp with a VTA ST70 tube amp and sound is very, very good.  Before this current setup I used both a Marantz 1060 and a Marantz 2252B on my Forte's.  Actually, think both of those sounded just as good :) 

Cheers, Emile

I have a Leben 300, happy with it, but has tube amp are, but when I go to sleep, I turn it off, so with solid state, the last amp was "on" for the last 25 years. I only closed it, when a huge electric storm could arm it. you can't do that with a tube amp...

this is why, i am looking for a solid state amp?

9 minutes ago, Tpjrs said:

I have a Leben 300, happy with it, but has tube amp are, but when I go to sleep, I turn it off, so with solid state, the last amp was "on" for the last 25 years. I only closed it, when a huge electric storm could arm it. you can't do that with a tube amp...

this is why, i am looking for a solid state amp?

Leaving solid state amps on for extended periods of time is also hard on them, whether you know it or not....even nowadays.....best to power them down when not in use...turn volume all the way down, then turn speakers off, then turn off the power.  Reverse the sequence when powering up.

• Like 1

I use a Yamaha 675 AVR and my very efficient Forte 1s withe the Crites crossovers and Titanium Tweeters sound amazing and out of this world when adding an HSU subwoofer. Plenty of power and the music is very clean. I don't know how it could sound much better even if I was using McIntosh tube gear

My Emotiva gear sounds very good with all my Klipsch. They seem to play nice together, even at high levels. Never heard Ayre so I can't weigh in there. For the price of the Ayre you can probably pick up a pair of Emotiva XPA-1 monoblocks plus a reference XSP-1 preamp and be done.

Emotiva ships to Canada plus they have a partner retailer you can buy from that is fairly local to you (Linked below). Not sure if they have what you need in stock though.

Quebec Acoustic (R)

643 Cure-Labelle

Blainville, Québec J7C 2J3

Phone: 450-508-2151

Email: richard@quebecacoustic.com

Website

Tim 

On 5/6/2018 at 7:31 PM, BBZink said:

Good Evening,

i lately listen to some Ayre integrated amp, sadly, it wasn't on Klipsch Speakers. So

Question n1 - does Ayre and Klipsch sound good?

Question n2 - What are the others options in Solid state amp, that will do well with the Forte?

Thanks for any help, you could provide

I use my Forte II's in a 5.1 AV system.  

My receiver is a Yamaha RX-A1070 which replaced a 10yr old Yamaha RX-V3800 2 weeks ago.

I've loved the sound from these speakers since I got them 30yrs ago, with their new x-overs they should go another 30yrs. I doubt that I'll make it that long

• Like 2