HD Control Center & Wireless Issues Help pls

evilfubar

I have the RP-HUB1 HD Control Center with the complete 5.1 Premiere Wireless speaker setup. (bought as a package) I have successfully updated each speakers software, and updated the firmware to the control center.

I am using the RP-140WM Bookshelfs in the rear surround position. I have set them to the proper REAR-left/right indicators on the speaker back panel. I am able to go through speaker identification and hear the static sound test of all speakers. All speakers respond in their correct positions.

However, when I play any 5.1 source (HDMI inputs), DVD player, amazon prime on roku, etc. I get 0 sound from either rear channels. 

If I change the configuration of the REAR speakers and set them to SIDE-left/right on the speaker back panel I am getting sound. This is very confusing because I am not using a 7.1 source so there should be no sound on SIDE channels right?

The HD control center is set to "direct" but I get the same results no matter which "surround mode" I use.

Why can I only get sound when setting the speakers to SIDE. Am I actually hearing the REAR channels when they are set to SIDE? Or am I hearing some broke version of the front channels?

I am super confused as to why I cant get any sound when set to REAR channels.

Edited by evilfubar

• 3 weeks later...