Lucky find JBL

MookieStl

• 1 month later...

Took a while to get back down to my brother in laws lake house, but made it this weekend. I've been sitting on the replacement foam from Simply Speakers for almost two months and finally got use it. Worked like a charm and they sound good as new. The previous surrounds had almost completely fallen apart by the time I got back. Guess since they were getting used again for the first time in a decade, they had given up. Thanks for the advise. Could not have been easier.

j.thumb.jpg.7a2432ad3fdb1b534b4f1e5088e20be3.jpg

• Like 1

On 5/8/2018 at 6:02 PM, MookieStl said:

2405 H slot tweeter!

Isn't the slot in the 2405 H slot tweeter supposed to be vertical, rather than horizontal?  For best dispersion?  I could be wrong.  Look online for JBL professional models with that tweeter to check orientation.  If these are working well, they should be quite good, with astounding clarity and great transient response.  You may have to adjust the pots on the Xover networks so the results are flat (or as preferred).

image.png.596d0a05b92df26f06b114e29a184d48.png 

• Like 1

I did google that tweeter and it does look like it is mounted sideways. These are old and custom built into the bookshelves. It took both of us and a couple prybars to get them out from the wall (they carpeted around them). Doubt we will pull them back out to rotate the tweeter. May try to see if I can reach through the woofer cut out and get to it. We did adjust the pots to what sounded best at the time. They are mounted on the back and not accessible either, so hope we "guessed" right. They do sound very good, I was expecting junk. He is pleased, so I am.

ted.png.460d467c0fa27e2738b034ea2dc3ecbc.png