SOLD: 1978 Cornwalls in oiled walnut - $950

Opus

SOLD: 1978 Cornwalls in oiled walnut - $950

I bought these April 28, 2017 from @avguytx.  I have thoroughly enjoyed them.  But I recently acquired a pair of La Scalas, and I do not have room for the Cornwalls and the La Scalas.  So, the Cornwalls are for sale.

Serial numbers are 18S238 and 18S239. Before I bought them avguytx converted the crossovers from Type B to Type B-2 using Solen capacitors and Janzen coils.

The badges were missing when I acquired them.  I purchased a pair of the PWK "pie slice" badges from Klipsch and applied them to the upper right corner of each grill.

I do not want to ship these.  However, I am going to the Pilgrimage in Hope and can deliver them there.

Pictures to follow....

Edited by Opus
Sold.

For Sale: 1978 Cornwalls in oiled walnut - $950

I bought these April 28, 2017 from [mention=26913]avguytx[/mention].  I have thoroughly enjoyed them.  But I recently acquired a pair of La Scalas, and I do not have room for the Cornwalls and the La Scalas.  So, the Cornwalls are for sale.

Serial numbers are 18S238 and 18S239. Before I bought them avguytx converted the crossovers from Type B to Type B-2 using Solen capacitors and Janzen coils.

The badges were missing when I acquired them.  I purchased a pair of the PWK "pie slice" badges from Klipsch and applied them to the upper right corner of each grill.
I do not want to ship these.  However, I am going to the Pilgrimage in Hope and can deliver them there.

Pictures to follow....

Where are you located?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Sprogk said:

Thanks...MICHIGAN is far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, it is.  If you know someone from your area headed to the Pilgrimage, they could bring them back for you.   :)

On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 9:49 AM, Opus said:

For Sale: 1978 Cornwalls in oiled walnut - $950

I bought these April 28, 2017 from @avguytx.  I have thoroughly enjoyed them.  But I recently acquired a pair of La Scalas, and I do not have room for the Cornwalls and the La Scalas.  So, the Cornwalls are for sale.

Pictures to follow....

I probably built them...face the rear of one and to your left, follow the rear edge of that side panel up towards its miter-joint.  About an inch below the joint if you see the letter "A", then they were built by me.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HDBRbuilder said:

I probably built them...face the rear of one and to your left, follow the rear edge of that side panel up towards its miter-joint.  About an inch below the joint if you see the letter "A", then they were built by me.

Yes, these were built by you.  :emotion-21:

• Like 1

23 hours ago, HDBRbuilder said:

That is awesome.

1 hour ago, Jelder said:

Wish these were in DFW, I’d pick them up! Theyre going for $1200+ down here and I just can’t justify spending that much.  Seems like everything is marked up down here. 

I follow Heritage speaker prices.  My perception that your perception that Klipsch speaker prices are higher in Texas than everywhere else in the country is correct.

It's really hard to find a deal on Klipsch in Texas.

They will be in Hope, AR from Thursday until Sunday.  That's only about 200 miles from Dallas.  :)

Road trip! 

I drove 8 hours to pick up a $300 amp.  It should be no problem to drive 200 miles to pick up some $950 speakers. 

Besides, tell him about the Pilgrimage to Hope to visit the Klipsch factory!  This could really work out.  :D

• Like 2