Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
Sign in to follow this  
AHall

Jube/1802 - The Ultimate 2.1

Recommended Posts

After enjoying my Rf82ii’s and other reference II gear for 4 years, I stumbled on some modified cabinet decorator Klipschorns on Craigslist. After hearing them, I knew I had to have them. It also made me no longer satisfied with Reference gear. Even though they weren’t the B model cabinets I thought I was getting. They still sounded fantastic. Well that ended up being a rabbit hole to say the least. In one year’s time, I ended up with new Crites AA crossovers, ct-120 tweeters, A-55g mid drivers, Yamaha rxa1030, built a VTA ST-70 tube amp, Krell Kav-250p preamp, Kg4s, Marantz 2215, Yamaha 810, technics 1800 mk2, smsl dac, Anthem mca20, BenQ 3050 projector, 125” screen, Cornwalls, (3) heresies, and Forte II’s

 

During this year I learned about the pro line. I became obsessed with all things klipsch through this fantastic forum and the klipsch groups on Facebook. The jubilee was always a pipe dream. With a little help from the man, Cory Harrison @ Paducah home theater, we made it reality. Sold off some stuff from my other hobbies and ordered a set of 2-way Jubes finished in walnut. 402/k691. Also a xilica 4080 dsp to run them. But why stop there? A KPT-1802-HLS would compliment them so well right? Well surely it would so I hit the buy button on one of them as well. A bridged crown 2002 to send awesome low frequency juice to the behemoth of a sub. 

 

The sub shipped out right away so I’ve been playing with it everyday. Learning a bit about the xilica and REW with my umik-1. It blends so seemlessly with khorns, that I can’t wait for the jubes to get here in a couple days. It has been a long hard wait from the time I asked to get them ordered to now. What a pleasure it will be to have another piece of PWK and Roy’s handy work sitting in my small living room. 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m trying to figure out how to upload pictures again using imgur now that Photobucket doesn’t do free hosting anymore. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, AHall said:

I’m trying to figure out how to upload pictures

First shrink the pics.  This little program is easy, free and doesn't take up a lot of space on your computer.  A 5 mb pic can be shrunk to 160 kb with almost no loss of PQ for posting on the internet.

http://www.faststone.org/FSResizerDetail.htm

 

Do you know how to attach pics after that?

 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More important, where do you live? I want to hear this😎

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m more of a mobile poster. It used to be so easy with the Photobucket app. I guess I’m lost anymore. 

 

I live on the western slope of colorado. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AHall said:

I’m trying to figure out how to upload pictures again using imgur now that Photobucket doesn’t do free hosting anymore. 

Imgur is very easy once the pics are on there. Just copy direct link from pic on Imgur then while posting here, click on insert other media at the bottom right. Then chose "insert image from URL" and paste the URL and insert into post

 

Congrats on the new toys!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My front wall is just shy of 16ft wide. I removed my sliding glass door. Built a new header and starting framing the wall in to accommodate future monoblocks and the 1802. Just enough room in between the sub and bass bins to fit a 15x15” opening. I set my height based on the bottom of the projector screen in the down position is to the top of the monoblock enclosure. My new 75” Sony will be on a folddown fireplace wall mount. UwSHOxg.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats and way to commit 😄 

Those Jubes are beautiful and I can only imagine what the 1802 is like ! @babadono pick me up on your way I'll go listen with you☺️ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is what I’m hoping to accomplish. The tv will stow away so the projector screen can come down. That way I don’t burn my projector bulb out with my little pony during the middle of the day. eB8ozCW.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AHall said:

After enjoying my Rf82ii’s and other reference II gear for 4 years, I stumbled on some modified cabinet decorator Klipschorns on Craigslist. After hearing them, I knew I had to have them. It also made me no longer satisfied with Reference gear. Even though they weren’t the B model cabinets I thought I was getting. They still sounded fantastic. Well that ended up being a rabbit hole to say the least. In one year’s time, I ended up with new Crites AA crossovers, ct-120 tweeters, A-55g mid drivers, Yamaha rxa1030, built a VTA ST-70 tube amp, Krell Kav-250p preamp, Kg4s, Marantz 2215, Yamaha 810, technics 1800 mk2, smsl dac, Anthem mca20, BenQ 3050 projector, 125” screen, Cornwalls, (3) heresies, and Forte II’s

 

During this year I learned about the pro line. I became obsessed with all things klipsch through this fantastic forum and the klipsch groups on Facebook. The jubilee was always a pipe dream. With a little help from the man, Cory Harrison @ Paducah home theater, we made it reality. Sold off some stuff from my other hobbies and ordered a set of 2-way Jubes finished in walnut. 402/k691. Also a xilica 4080 dsp to run them. But why stop there? A KPT-1802-HLS would compliment them so well right? We’ll surely it would so I hit the buy button on one of them as well. A bridged crown 2002 to send awesome low frequency juice to the behemoth of a sub. 

 

The sub shipped out right away so I’ve been playing with it everyday. Learning a bit about the xilica and REW with my umik-1. It blends so seemlessly with khorns, that I can’t wait for the jubes to get here in a couple days. It has been a long hard wait from the time I asked to get them ordered to now. What a pleasure it will be to have another piece of PWK and Roy’s handy work sitting in my small living room. 

Great photos.  You have your priorities straight.  Many, many forum members have joked with each other about what they need to do is buy another house so they can have Khorns, now Jubes.

 

You, sir, have your priorities in order!  You just remodeled your house around your speakers.  I'm not sure many have done that before.

 

That is going to be really awesome.

 

Travis

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ultimate 2.1?  I can't imagine it would sound any better than an Acoustimass system.;)

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What! No "beauty panel" on the sub? What!😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Ultimate 2.1?  I can't imagine it would sound any better than an Acoustimass system.;)

 

No guarantees on anything. It should be adequate til I can afford to upgrade though. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You might want to glue and screw the drywall on, nails will pop right out 😀

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

tVmoy1a.jpg

 

Those panels are beautiful! So how long before the OCD kicks in and you try to get a matching panel for the sub? :)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, babadono said:

What! No "beauty panel" on the sub? What!😁

You beat me to it...lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, babadono said:

What! No "beauty panel" on the sub? What!😁

 

I actually went back and forth on this idea. But with the sub sitting flush with the front wall and being kind of built into the house I wanted it to blend in with the wall. To the average eye you wouldn’t even know the room had a sub in it. The other reason is there will be a center channel sitting in front of the sub. At this point I’m wanting to build a belle style cabinet and put a 510 horn on top. Then I can do a matching walnut beauty panel on it as well. I’m not good at interior design, but I think this would look pretty sweet. Mains, sub, and center would all have matching black grilles as well. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...