Jube/1802 - The Ultimate 2.1

AHall

1 minute ago, dtel said:

Now it is a few inches smaller but the exact design as the 1802, a 15" design instead of 18". 

On the Klipsch Pro site, i only see the 1802. Is there info anywhere on the smaller version with the 15" driver?

• Moderators

Not really info because it never went into production, it was planned to but never did for some reason I have no idea. It was done, this was the last prototype built. 

I don't know why it is not for sale. If I had to guess, and it's just a guess is because it's only a couple inches smaller than the 1802, and if you were looking to buy probably either would fit ? Or in a pro setup most of the time a couple inches would not matter ?

I really don't know the reason just guessing, I do know the engineering was done and they were getting rid of the last prototype and it was give to me by Roy. I might look dumb but not dumb enough to say no. It's a pretty amazing sub, the 1802 or the 1502 which it is called. Both are the first ever of a design like this, a vented horn, and it's patented as such.

The original plan was to have a 1802, 1502 and a 1202, either it will still happen or they moved on, or just busy, who knows ? All I know is they are the best subs I have ever heard. 

• Like 2

• Moderators

This was from when it happened, excuse the first picture in this thread, right when the picture was taken I was slapped on the back side and jumped.

Roy on the right Kevin Harmon on the left. 

• Like 3

• Moderators

It was, it's how I know AHall's house is going to sound amazing. 

Kevin also has the same setup as AHall and his room sounds great.

Every room is different but it's just an adjustment here and there and it will be great, I know the parts he's using and there is no excuse for anything less than amazing, he made great choices. imo.............but I am very biased :lol:

• Like 3

19 hours ago, rockhound said:

Very nice that front wall is how wide? You might want to test run the system before you treat the walls incase things rattle and you need to reinforce or add braces.......

Shouldn’t need much for bracing. I braced everything decently when I had the drywall off. Then used 1/2 sound board under the drywall. The room is 16ft wide. 

21 hours ago, dtel said:

It sure does, well  done.

Music will be amazing, but just a warning, when you first try a movie it might be shocking. If you have small kids the bass may scare them the first time it really pressurizes the room and vibrates everything. I loved the way music sounded but wasn't really ready for what the deep bass of a movie could do, people just get that, what just happened look. :blink2: You will see. :emotion-21:  

Love the floor, is that, laminate, tile or wood ?

The floor is tile. I have a 10x10 area rug for it. 

• Moderators

Once everything is together you will have plenty time to play with them and see what they do in your room. 

I heard someone say , if it's true or not who knows but you could plug one of the vents and tune it a little lower. If that is really the case it would be another thing to try, maby ?

I don't know who was saying that, it's been a while, or even if it were true ? 

But I know there was a company, maby SVS who had a sub at one time that had a foam plug to close off one of their ports to lower the tune, I remember reading something about that a long time ago.  

25 minutes ago, dtel said:

Once everything is together you will have plenty time to play with them and see what they do in your room. 

I heard someone say , if it's true or not who knows but you could plug one of the vents and tune it a little lower. If that is really the case it would be another thing to try, maby ?

I don't know who was saying that, it's been a while, or even if it were true ? 

But I know there was a company, maby SVS who had a sub at one time that had a foam plug to close off one of their ports to lower the tune, I remember reading something about that a long time ago.  

I did some reading on the skhorn and found out depending on the application you run all the ports open or close them to tune lower. That would be something ask Roy. I really don’t want to mess with his handy work unless he says it’s doable. Id be interested in trying it if I could trade a little output for a few more hz lower for LFE for movies. 

https://data-bass.com/data?page=system&id=140

I dont believe I could use the full 136db(might be closer to 140db with room gain?) in the house anyway. Especially if I build a tuba ht low profile for the back of the room if needed to smooth the response. 

Maybe you could inquire to your ole designer buddy? 

6 hours ago, AHall said:

hjqCI8d.jpgRVyeHE3.jpg

What’s the width and length of your room? I’m curious to know what’s gonna be required space-wise to accommodate such large speakers. And now that it’s all setup, how far back is the imaging sweet spot? Thanks for the info. The room looks great. 

@AHall Great job on your planning and the results to house those three beasts.

That "light" stucco finish looks well done, the sheen helps with the lighting in those "Avatar" (pink & blue) pictures.

WOW!   just   WOW!

the Klipsch Pro West Satellite Museum

53 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

@AHall Great job on your planning and the results to house those three beasts.

That "light" stucco finish looks well done, the sheen helps with the lighting in those "Avatar" (pink & blue) pictures.

WOW!   just   WOW!

the Klipsch Pro West Satellite Museum

Thanks it’s called skip trowel texture. The philips hue lights really give a lot of options for color. 16 million color choices at the touch of a button from your phone app. I haven’t put in the led light strips in the top edge of the soffit yet. Hopefully this week I’ll finish it as well. 

• Moderators
16 hours ago, AHall said:

I did some reading on the skhorn and found out depending on the application you run all the ports open or close them to tune lower. That would be something ask Roy. I really don’t want to mess with his handy work unless he says it’s doable. Id be interested in trying it if I could trade a little output for a few more hz lower for LFE for movies. 

https://data-bass.com/data?page=system&id=140

I dont believe I could use the full 136db(might be closer to 140db with room gain?) in the house anyway. Especially if I build a tuba ht low profile for the back of the room if needed to smooth the response. 

Maybe you could inquire to your ole designer buddy? 

The room is looking great.

No I don't think you could use the full output, but I know you would not want to block off all of the vents. I say this thinking back to what was said about when they were testing this idea. They thought about using a passive radiator instead of the vents but it did not work, the inside area was to violent, it would shread the drone. The next thought was to try and vent it into the horn, this how they came up with that very strange looking vent, I called it a port and was corrected. 

I will see him in about a week and will ask some questions. I would think if it's ok to put some foam in to block one or more vents it may need to be taped or something so it just doesn't blow out and just be loose in the cabinet ? I will get some ideas from him, if it's OK it would be fun to play around with to see if you can hear a difference.

I guess smoothing the sub would be mostly room dependant. I don't think I am having any problem with that at all but our room is different than yours.Our living room is 24' wide and 18' deep to the sofa and completely open (one beam) another 16' behind the sofa for the dining room and kitchen. Also the ceiling in the  living room the ceiling is sloped up away from the wall behind the speakers, 18" over the 18', all of this may help ? Also a big rug two big chairs and a sofa and plenty of curtains, and other junk may be helping ?

All I have for now is an old pic from 3 years ago, I need to get new ones but to give you an idea. The sub replaced the Tv stand, Tv on the wall now and many other changes in the room but the furniture and speakers are still very close to this, (red chair replaced) you can see there is alot in that room which could be helping ? It's completely open another 15' behind where the pic was taken. No telling how it will sound until you get it going, your room even changed since you listened last but I don't think it's going to be a big deal if something sounds off. You have a good size room and this will help, I know there are some people with smaller rooms which I would guess makes it harder to fix?

house-08-1.JPG.ffcb2acfef95c89ed5f490a4d967212e.JPG

• Thanks 1

• Moderators

Thought of something after looking at your pictures again, keep the Tv high away from the front of the sub. I say this because Kevin had a 70" Tv sitting on top of his 1802, he had to mount it on the wall because when he cranked it up the center of the screen would distort badly in about a 12" circle, he thought he was going to ruin the Tv. I know if I am standing in front of ours and it's turned up like for a movie there is air and pressure from the horn opening you can feel and I know this would vibrate a TV.

I didn't think you would run it like that just wanted to say what happened, would hate to see a Tv get ruined.

• Moderators
On 7/19/2018 at 7:58 PM, AHall said:

OK I was asking Roy about this and he said the spec's are for cinema measured in 1/2 space and not for a room of a house, it is going to go lower than 20hz. You are using it in quarter space which will lower it right off the back, into the teens. 

I would say, me saying this not him, test it and see what your getting as it is first. What Roy said was yes you can plug a vent do go deeper you will just lose some sensitivity, it's a trade off.

But I would guess with the output, losing a little sensitivity wouldn't be a big deal depending on how you like to play it. I know the 1502 which is 2.5-3 Db lower output than the 1802 is still alot inside a house (in our room). I love this thing, I have never heard bass this clean before.

I thought test it as is first to see what your getting and go from there, you may be happy as is, or you can experiment and plug a vent with soft foam and test again ? I would roll up some soft foam and slide it in a tube where it fits kind of tight, wouldn't want it to blow into the front space where you would have to remove the complete vent to get it out, that would be a pain. Were leaving in the morning so I may not be back here for over a week, if I don't answer back I'm not ignoring you. Going to talk with him more about this later.

Once you get everything done and dialed in it's going to be amazing and look cool with everything you did the room.

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, Speed said:

Oh snap.

@AHall. The little woman seen your room, and says I should get that big bass thing (1802) and put one between my Jubilee's. I hope Cory doesn't see this... :emotion-55:

Marry her again :D

• Haha 2