Jube/1802 - The Ultimate 2.1

AHall

On 6/15/2019 at 7:29 PM, AHall said:

Got some more work done. Haven’t had a chance to hook them up and set up the crossovers. I wasn’t planning on having biamped surrounds, so I still need to run a second wire in each wall. 

mNQmGWq.jpg

A9mggVQ.jpg

lZh2UHI.jpg

QMu9rnO.jpg

You probably want to get a brace for that 510 driver. That sucker will snap your baffle or your horn. 

Looks awesome by the way. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Got some more work done this weekend. Ran second surround 12ga cables in wall for biamp. Surrounds reinstalled. Crossovers setup and PEQ finished. Firmware updated in Anthem. Downloaded and ran ARC Genesis. Added new gear to rack. Cable management first rendition complete. Ic-800-t atmos speakers have arrived and rear kpt-8060h. The room has never sounded better. 

qVRphNz.jpg

4laJvIg.jpg

Zo3efc1.jpg

Hyt8mmA.jpg

CXb3FFE.jpg

imXfoze.jpg

jSXqzI7.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I was able to make it home and get started on the install. Wow these ic800t’s are huge. I tested them before hand on a spare amp. They sounded incredible! Bass super hard. 

DZLOSKS.jpg

zlrFN0P.jpg

Sitting beside the new kpt8060h rear surrounds.

az3po4O.jpg

The templates made the install much easier to get squared up. Thankful for them. 

iBs37hv.jpg

I was not comfortable hanging 4 21lbs weights off my drywall in a room that has to endure a lot of vibration. I whipped these together to tie into my trusses. 

gKRQFhM.jpg

Excellent attachment system shown here. 

scCtXfS.jpg

All height channels placed after spending hours trying to find the most ideal placement in room and working with the placement of the trusses. Of course when the house was built all those years ago they didn’t have it in mind I’d be installing a Dolby atmos cinema in the living room. I had to “modify” and reinforce the truss on the left side. That took about 8 hours in the scalding attic on a 100° day. Thinking the whole time that this better be worth it. 

etBHsxl.jpg

The used crown cts4200 arrived from eBay, but I wasn’t able to get any output from the 4 channels. Sent it back and ordered a couple crown xls1002 from amazon. I work out of town and was not willing to wait another 2 weeks before I heard the fruits of my labor. 

H0Ijehr.jpg

Getting tight on space in the rack. Only 4u left for future upgrades. 

NnUoO3a.jpg

• Like 2

To mount the kpt8060h rear channels I used the same method I used for my acoustic panels. This carpet trim can be found at the hardware store like Home Depot for about $13. 

8EgVtl9.jpg

Cut to length

NOJut0P.jpg

CwXsyHB.jpg

0wPYWCr.jpg

Feast your eyes on these beauties!

rgwG5Zp.jpg

DixRwaO.jpg

• Like 2

I bought a handful of 4K demo material and was able to calibrate the system and test some stuff out just before it was time to get back to work. 

slDi6z6.jpg

Covers on the height speakers. They blend right in. Look great in person. 

Tk1NbQn.jpg

roZ1EZy.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AHall said:

I was not comfortable hanging 4 21lbs weights off my drywall in a room that has to endure a lot of vibration. I whipped these together to tie into my trusses

That's a good boy!

2 hours ago, AHall said:

... took about 8 hours in the scalding attic on a 100° day. Thinking the whole time that this better be worth it

That's what cool autumn days are for, but I recall being much more impatient in my youth, too.

It all looks really good from here.  Can't even begin to imagine the sound.

• Like 1