KLF-20 speaker cabinet foam

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this question but I'll throw it out and see where it goes.

I have just purchased a set of KLF-20's, bought and installed Crites crossover rebuild kit and tweeter titanium diaphragms. While inside I noticed that there was an attempt to re-glue the speakers at some time, it's holding but a little sloppy in areas. My question however lies with the speaker foam and it's placement. I'm not too sure if the foam in the cabinet is original and correct, or how much it really matters. They both have a little bit different placement but they're close. Does the foam need to be place so the mid and tweeters are somewhat separated from the woofers, or open to them with the foam kinda at the back of the tweeters and mid?

The pictures I uploaded hopefully will give some representation of what I mean.

Thanks,

Tim

DSC01027.jpg

DSC01040.jpg

DSC01043.jpg

DSC01041.jpg

DSC01042.jpg

DSC01026.jpg

DSC01025.jpg

The foam should not be used to isolate the mid and tweeter.  Pushed back so there is free movement of air, away from touching the woofers, and leaving the ports open is best. 

I have not had KLF20s but the amount of foam and placement seems a little much.  If the speakers don't have punchy bass, you may want to remove some of it.  Tailor as you enjoy the sound.