Can I install an rt-10 cone in a k100sw subwoofer

olelink

The RT series subwoofers were serous pieces of equipment and very highly regarded. I don’t think the amp in the K100SW would be a good match for a woofer that was designed to handle 700 watts RMS. 

I would imagine that sub amp is optimized for that woofer and was designed that way by Klipsch. Just my thoughts in the matter. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, K5SS said:

The RT series subwoofers were serous pieces of equipment and very highly regarded. I don’t think the amp in the K100SW would be a good match for a woofer that was designed to handle 700 watts RMS.  

I would imagine that sub amp is optimized for that woofer and was designed that way by Klipsch. Just my thoughts in the matter. 

Probably a good call.  I should just save up and get the correct sub for my setup.  I upgraded almost everything except the sub and I almost did an impulse buy of the cone just so I would have matching copper in the interim

Edited by olelink

You can always build a box for the driver and use an external amp like a Inuke to power it.  What was the asking price of the driver you almost bought?

Problem with going this route is that if you're going to build a box for a DIY sub, you might as well buy an 18" Ultimax instead of the 10" Klipsch driver.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fuzzydog said:

You can always build a box for the driver and use an external amp like a Inuke to power it.  What was the asking price of the driver you almost bought? 

Problem with going this route is that if you're going to build a box for a DIY sub, you might as well buy an 18" Ultimax instead of the 10" Klipsch driver.   

Good point.  $70 bucks was the asking price. DIY would allow me to pick matching wood for the room too