1985-86 Heresy's

AlC

Not sure of the model but haven't used these speakers in years. ...all I know , back when i had my HT set up, they were the best speakers I'd ever heard.

All I have left out of the HT setup is this pair, one center, and a JBL powered Sub. First things first. Which receiver to purchased...I'm really behind times.

Last receivers I owner were 'very heavy Yamaha's and Sony's from the mid 80's also. Not sure what it takes to "drive" the heresy's. Without spending an arm and a leg, where do I start?

Thx.

Pics would be nice, especially the labels on the rear of the speakers.  Heresy speakers don't need gobs of power, and many run them on 25 watts per channel, or less.  Depending upon the model of Heresy you have, I would recommend that the Heresys speakers, themselves, will do fine for any environment at 100 watts rms per channel into 8 ohms, or less wattage.

Your speakers may be either Heresy I or Heresy II models, depending on exact month/year of manufacture.  Most likely Heresy I models, though.

What you need to know now is how many watts your subwoofer demands, or does it have a built-in amplifier?

Thanks for your help. Have pics of back  Just trying g to figure how to upload. Have the ratings on amps changed much. Seems like the new 100 watt rating per channel ain't the same as the old " heavy amp" 100 watts per channel  Sub plugs in and hooks up with RCA ... Assume it's self powered . 

IMG_0637.JPG

Not sure of year, but HBR is Heresy Birch Raw, just like my pair.

Wattage ratings are as "different" today as they are of yesterday.  Do to "dishonest" spec listing, 100w/ch varies from brand to brand and even model to model.  You just need to do your homework when picking out an amp whether it be older vintage or modern amps.  You may find a 45w/ch amp that drives your Heresys better than a "125w/ch" amp.

Bill

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Highly likely that I built those....face the rear of the speaker, look at the rear edge of the side panel to your left....almost all the way up....if you see the letter "A" there, that is me.  If I was working with a partner, another initial will be beside mine.  There should also be a sander initial(s) either above or below that of the builder, but the sanders initials will be stamped more deeply than those of the builder.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, HDBRbuilder said:

Highly likely that I built those....face the rear of the speaker, look at the rear edge of the side panel to your left....almost all the way up....if you see the letter "A" there, that is me.  If I was working with a partner, another initial will be beside mine.  There should also be a sander initial(s) either above or below that of the builder, but the sanders initials will be stamped more deeply than those of the builder.

Brother, you built mine.😀

l1755447374_HeresyletterA.jpg.1c3af4428e380550dfd3be94dcb54aeb.jpg

Bill

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

A bit late to the party but to answer the original question about a receiver, in the family room I run my 5.2 all Hersey system with an Onkyo TX-NR676.  Very hard to beat the features and sound at $350.00 (it even has old school phono jacks!).  Your sub is powered and you would hook it up to the subwoofer line out on any modern day receiver.

Also one of the easiest ways to determine if you have Hersey I or II is that Hersey I had a removable back, Hersey II does not.

Laters,

Jeff

• 2 years later...

I have a pair of Klipsch Heresy speakers from 1985. I am the original owner. They are in very good condition. The speakers are not getting used like they should. It is time to pass on to another owner to appreciate these fine speakers. Please contact me if you would like to purchase. I live in the Memphis, TN area.

Jerry

jgm0427@gmail.com

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JGM0427 said:

I have a pair of Klipsch Heresy speakers from 1985. I am the original owner. They are in very good condition. The speakers are not getting used like they should. It is time to pass on to another owner to appreciate these fine speakers. Please contact me if you would like to purchase. I live in the Memphis, TN area.

Jerry

jgm0427@gmail.com

Welcome to the forum. 

Please post your speakers in the Garage Sale section along with pictures and an asking price. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 3/29/2021 at 4:47 PM, Leonard Ray said:

seeking information on Heresy II “ 1985 ?signature edition “ , serial number 8644405.  I don’t understand signature edition.

The "signature edition" were a special edition of Heresy, with a different front emblem.  If I remember correctly, Paul W. Klipsch worked on those himself.

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Bones said:

Hi I am looking at a pair of 1985 Klipsch KBBRL H/2, rosewood is perfect but I really can't find any info on these.  Does anyone know approximate value?  Any help would be great 01717_NCf5gNOtWaz_0i90oc_600x450.jpg1

They're worth whatever the high bid is when the auction ends.  😉

On 4/23/2021 at 9:36 PM, Bones said:

Hi I am looking at a pair of 1985 Klipsch KBBRL H/2, rosewood is perfect but I really can't find any info on these.  Does anyone know approximate value?  Any help would be great 01717_NCf5gNOtWaz_0i90oc_600x450.jpg1

With that veneer and finish, I would expect the value to be rather on the high end for 1980's Khorns.

• 5 months later...

I have a pair of the HBR s and I pump a Behringer NX 1000 through them. They sound so sweet and clear and warm. Amazing.  I think they sound better than the Black pair of Heresy's I had many years ago in Florida. 

Best regards

Thomas