Bicycle valuation

richieb

--- I've seen several knowledgeable comments on bicycles, quality and pricing. I have a couple bikes I want to sell and have found no reliable info on pricing. Maybe some input - Thanks

- Raleigh mountain bike -The Chill / around 1990 vintage / top of the line in the day, Aluminum Technium frame, Shimano Deore components. VG condition.

- Cannondale road/race bike - SR800 / early 1990's vintage / top of Cannondale line in the day, all aluminum frame, Shimano Ultegra 600 components,

several thousand miles but still rock steady and in excellent condion.

Thanks again 

--- I've seen several knowledgeable comments on bicycles, quality and pricing. I have a couple bikes I want to sell and have found no reliable info on pricing. Maybe some input - Thanks
- Raleigh mountain bike -The Chill / around 1990 vintage / top of the line in the day, Aluminum Technium frame, Shimano Deore components. VG condition.
- Cannondale road/race bike - SR800 / early 1990's vintage / top of Cannondale line in the day, all aluminum frame, Shimano Ultegra 600 components,
several thousand miles but still rock steady and in excellent condion.
Thanks again 

Bicycle blue book is good.
Vintage bikes have a market and sell, but you need a ton of pictures and to be patient for the right buyer. Another approach is to make them great deals for someone looking for a quality bike or donate them. My 2 pearls....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aluminum framed bikes are not much in favor these days. Unless they are really unique or super high end like Merckx or Colnago. The 600 road group if it is really clean and has the tri-color markings is decent for somebody kitting out a steel frame bike that wants it period correct.

I'd check eBay for specific parts and sell off in pieces versus finding someone in your size that wants a bike like you have.

Mtb bikes easier to sell as a do all bike over a road racer to average Joe.

That all said there is a small group of Cannondale fanatics. So if common size and unique color you might get lucky. 

200-300 dollars top is a good deal for both parties. Check sold listings on eBay