Klipsch La Scala 70th Anniversary Matching numbers

Pete Mote

13 minutes ago, Pete Mote said:

Right on. I was in denial and was hoping they didn't mess the order up.  I am shipping one back and get the matching consecutive number for the other.   Best, 

That is a good decision. Having mis-matched veneer will always bother you when you look at them and will greatly hurt the resale value.

• Like 1

Supposedly there were only 70 pairs made and each had a plaque with where they fell in the sequence. ie, 1 of 70, 2 of 70, etc...

https://www.klipsch.com/products/la-scala-70th-anniversary-edition

70th Anniversay models “will feature an exotic Australian Walnut wood veneer, a unique silver luster grille cloth, special edition logos, and a signature 70th Anniversary plaque identifying its numbered sequence in the series.”

Correct,  there were 70 pairs made.   They ship in two pieces. (mid/tweet and Woof).  At  ~180 lbs this saves the back.  These boys have hit the buffet once too often.  Makes my 1999's Scala' feel like a feather. 

Since keeping these 70th Anniversary as twins is imperative, the match is in transit toot sweet....  

Pallet took a beating as can be seen.

IMG_2127.thumb.jpg.b6f607dcf8a08d4d134613aa4e1fe5e0.jpgIMG_2128.thumb.jpg.4ac17230d92eff3af59fcb2af4f66269.jpg

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Pete Mote said:

The 24R is in transit to my place.  I currently have  24L and 34L.   I'm considering buying the 34/70 pair as well.  The kids birthdays are coming up and it crossed my mind that would be the perfect gift.  :)

--- I'm currently up for adoption. The 35/70 will be just fine --

--- that is a freakin' great price, they are $3999 each on the Klipsch site. If I wasn't looking at Jubes and LaScala's already I'd order them myself. Helll, I'm having a hard time not doing it anyway ?! But I would call first and verify what is shipping. I wonder how they are doing this - did Adorama buy several pair on speculation or cut a deal with the Mothership to rid their inventory? 

Jeez ... found them on Adorama ... $7000 for the pair ... $1000 less than the standard LS's from Klipsch :D They are absolutely stunning.  Thinking about it :D  But not sure if they would sound any better than my KPT-904's which I got a helluva lot cheaper.

Cheers, Emile

34 minutes ago, Emile said:

Jeez ... found them on Adorama ... $7000 for the pair ... $1000 less than the standard LS's from Klipsch :D They are absolutely stunning.  Thinking about it :D  But not sure if they would sound any better than my KPT-904's which I got a helluva lot cheaper.

Cheers, Emile

might have a little less distortion in the bass department but my guess i they wont be an improvement on anything else against a 904. 

• Thanks 1