Klipsch La Scala 70th Anniversary Matching numbers

Pete Mote

5 minutes ago, Scrappydue said:

might have a little less distortion in the bass department but my guess i they wont be an improvement on anything else against a 904.

Thanks! Guess you just saved me $7000. My wife (out of town this week) thanks you :D 

Cheers, Emile

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

1.5 months later and the nightmare from  speaker hell is over.  The Matching 70th Anniversary Scala speaker has arrived after multiple mis - shipments.  They actually shipped the same speaker with the incorrect serial number  back to me  multiple times.  uggh.... But after much bitching and multiple discounts and comp  the deal was sweetened and closed.   The twins are now together.  Next step is to unpack.  Looking forward  to  letting them breathe and the final step of the informal introduction to the neighbors.  I will post both side by side  next to my  2002 birch pair of LS's.

IMG_2497.JPG

I suggest you unpack them sooner rather than later... despite heavy three layer card board rated for the weight, corner protection and foam inserts, it's still relatively easy to damage them.

Also, those boxes have been opened and retapped.

Nope. i opened up the Top Tweeter/Mid and it was factory fresh.  Had the plastic wrap around the entire box and  top and bottom protectors.  Didnt dust it for finger prints but looked good.

They needed schooling on  how Klipsch built these matched pairs.  I spoke with the floor manager and explained the situaiton....  Told them it was in their best interest to  keep these in pairs . By doing so it will save them and the customer  time and money.   

2 hours ago, Schu said:

Superb...

How did they know which end of the "sequential" serial number to get you so the set matched in terms of number 40 of 70?

The last four digits of the serial number go from 0001 to  0140 for all 70 pairs......  II received  0047 and 0048.   The even number  is divided by 2 to get you the 01 to 70 speaker number.   Also the box clearly state which two serial numbers should be matched together.  Klipsch made it bozo proof,  somehow they found a way to mess it up.

My set is 24. (L, R).

I had  0068  which would have been  set 34(R).

It was a long road for such a simple purchase.

1 hour ago, finallygotmyheresies said:

They sure do look nice. I've got an alert set from Adorama to notify me if they drop the price again. I'm itching to pull the trigger.

Me to... let me know if you get an alert.