Speaker cabinets with EV ElectroVoice drivers

avguytx

I'm thinking these are some rather good drivers in these old homemade cabinets. Those T350's bring quite a bit on the market. Which woofer is that? I can't read the tag, though. Hmm...  The layout seems very similar to some of the EV cabinet designs of that era, too, having the slot port on the bottom.

7075.jpeg

Still undecided.  We've got so much going on with the early stage of the new house build and having just finished with daughters graduation that I haven't had time to look into them more.  I wonder how those T350's would sound in my Belle's...if they would fit.  Otherwise, I'd be buying all of this and then just selling them off if they used the SRO/15 woofers as those are "Sound Reinforcement" woofers and don't have quite the low end.  If they were 15W's, I could rebuild cabinets and make them look good but would most likely need new crossovers as those tar filled crossovers they use are quite old now.

It seems to me the speaker (are there two?) were built from from EV components.  More specifically, EV sold "building block" systems for home builders.  The cheap collection used Wolvene (sp) components.  But there was also a high end collection as shown in the photo.  They also suggested box and vent sizes according to T-S theory.

I have some literature if you're interested.  A big scan project.

The theory was that you start with a woofer, then add a tweeter, then add a mid, all with crossovers.

If you have sell the components I think you should offer all as a group.

WMcD