Counterfeit Klipsch badges!!! BEWARE!!

Mighty Favog

I would describe their products as reproductions, rather than counterfeits. It should be clear that any source of badges for Klipsch, Yamaha, Thorens, TEAC, and others is not providing genuine Klipsch (or Yamaha, Thorens, etc.) badges.  They are providing reproduction badges that are unavailable from Klipsch.  Emile, @Emile, and I purchased badges from the referenced source.  The plastic badges I received were inexpensive and arrived quickly.  The quality is OK, not great, but worth the price.

If you are looking for genuine Klipsch parts, then, by all means be aware that these inexpensive plastic badges are reproductions.

BTW, that’s a reproduction Jeep, although the wipers could be OEM. 😊

59D304F3-D78E-45E3-948F-75F492A0340D.jpeg

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, DizRotus said:

They are providing reproduction badges that are unavailable from Klipsch.  Emile, @Emile, and I purchased badges from the referenced source.  

Different supplier ... we got them from Kazakhstan/China/wherever :D  Glad I found these to show of my KPT-904 boxes as "Klipsch Professional" instead of just a plain black box :D 

6 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Seems like this would be a violation of Klipsch's trademark.

Yes, but let's keep the lawyers away or ... screwed the office GIF

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Jeff Matthews said:

I would think so too.  It's a shame that Klipsch doesn't offer these and others.  People are forced to look elsewhere.

• Like 2

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Jeff Matthews said:

We make a few things with Klipsch or the logos but we are working with them, they know and are in the middle of changing the gear store to have things people may actually want, and what if anything we can make, we sent them some ideas.

Look at these people, they make any brand you could want, I can make these and have made a few over the years but never on this scale. They have any brand you could want, or you could make up something. I should make a joke one about bose, got me thinking now. 

https://www.ebay.com/sch/brwm05/m.html?item=173249919879&hash=item28567ffb87%3Ag%3A4I0AAOSwJtdaLvD2&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

s-l1600.jpg

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Mighty Favog said:

Would they made one as:

"BOSE: We make nothing but crap."

Or

Bose    

Better Sound Through Marketing

No Highs no Lows, must be Bose

---Sponsored by PT Barnum, a suckers born every minute.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, billybob said:

If they would make a mesh hat for those of us that actually wear caps in the heat, bet they would go like well...hotcakes.

Southern comfort...

That's something there talking about

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dtel said:

in the middle of changing the gear store to have things people may actually want,

Shocker!  No, I don't believe it......

Just think, if someone that was actually authorized to produce, say, a couple of different Heritage style badges, then the "black market" and ridiculous prices on the bay might come to a screeching halt.  Nahhhhh.....

• Moderators
10 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

Shocker!  No, I don't believe it......

Just think, if someone that was actually authorized to produce, say, a couple of different Heritage style badges, then the "black market" and ridiculous prices on the bay might come to a screeching halt.  Nahhhhh.....

Yes, it’s true. Klipsch is honestly working on the gear store. It’s slow going, but we are moving forward on putting gear online that fans actually want to purchase. It is my understanding that it will be ran by Klipsch and not a third party vendor. This alone is a huge step forward in my opinion. It may be a few months...but definitely stay tuned!  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

IIR the reason Klipsch did NOT sell Badges is for the concern some people would make Klipsch knock-off speakers and put official labels on them.

Most anybody on this forum would recognize a knock-off or clone pretty quickly but the average public member probably would not.

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, wvu80 said:

IIR the reason Klipsch did NOT sell Badges is for the concern some people would make Klipsch knock-off speakers and put official labels on them.

Nope.  Not even close.  If that were the case I could have never ordered a badge to match my current 396s.  They never asked for a serial number or if I owned a pair.  I could have put it on anything.  They sell what they have and when they run out and there's not an overwhelming demand for something they won't stock them anymore.  You want them to stock badges for a 20 year old speaker?  Some parts are discontinued on automobiles after 10 or 12 years.