Transparent Klipschorn

boom3

We've all seen the pictures, and somewhere I read a story about it being built. PWK himself lent a hand IIRC.

Was there more than one built?

I'ver seem a picture (blue-tinted) of two, but don't know if that was photoshopped from one image.

Did Klipsch ever build any for customers?

I think two were built...one with only clear plexi-glas and another with clear and colors.  The builders of those hated them....total PITA to build without jacking up the seams with adhesives of the day...rendering some of the plexi-glas at those seams not exactly clear anymore.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 8:23 AM, JRH said:

Sorry HDBR, but only one was made.  Check it out at https://www.klipsch.com/plexiglas-khorn.

Ronnie Barhams and Charles Horn were tasked with building a second one, and I never knew if it was completed or not...but they sure griped a lot about it when they got that tasking.  At the time, they were "CO-Foremen" of the cabinet shop and we were swamped with orders.  They were also the ones who initially called the LB76 the "little bastard" when they were building up the prototype cabinets for it...which is funny because the name they gave it was the one which stuck!  I think Bob Moers was wanting a second plexi-khorn built....might have gotten cancelled along the way.