Cigarbum Reference basement System

jwc

MOST IS SOLD OR SPOKEN FOR

So CigarBum is selling the last of his stereo system.  This was his reference system in the basement.  Many of us heard this 6-7 years ago and is one of the best Khorn setups I've heard.  The bass was by far the best.  He has backs built onto them.

He bought the McIntosh equipment at Audioclassics.  Everything worked fine last I heard it.  The one thing I didn't hear was the reel to reel and the TT.

There are two different top section choices with the Khorns.  One setup is w/in the original top hat but modded to have a Tractrix horn (Volti-Like) but built by Bob and a Crites tweeter.  The mid driver is heavy and its a JBL 2".

Another option out of the top hat is the Big tractrix horn with a larger JBL driver (phenolics) and JBL Baby cheeks tweeters.  He has an "ALK-Style network".

You can email me with questions.   jwcullison-at-yahoo.com.

He lives in North Georgia.  You would have to pickup with cash and I would assist you with those arrangements.

So right now, I'm looking for offers on all of it.  Yes that's right...all of it.  Email me with questions and offers.   Please serious inquiries only if you are interested in all of it.  CigarBum needs his peace and quiet and I don't want people emailing me without being very specific.   He is a long time Klipsch lover and has let go of this passion.  

This is an opportunity to get all of this stuff.....as a whole......if you can come get this yourself and pay in cash.  You would get a great deal on a reasonable offer on all of it.  

jc

CigarBum-Basement-reference-system.pdf

Bob is a fine craftsman and audiophile.  When he was into it he did it big and he did it right.  Unfortunately, he walked away from the hobby and some of his equipment has sat awhile.  Don't be afraid of a little dust.  Look close.  Good stuff.  The backs on the Khorns are stout.  Very tight bass.  Cabinets in good shape.  Fine wooden tractrix horns well built and large JBL drivers.  He built his own ALK networks.  No one touched anything but Bob.  Make a deal.

^^^  What they said!

Not much more that I can say that JC & Mark haven't said....  Bob is a 1st class person, host, builder and....  distiller...  we won't get into that part though.  

14 hours ago, Coytee said:

^^^  What they said!

Not much more that I can say that JC & Mark haven't said....  Bob is a 1st class person, host, builder and....  distiller...  we won't get into that part though.  

Best Khorn bottoms I ever heard.. With the closed backs the LF was explosive!   Well built wooden horns and those monster JBL drivers are to die for. 

Class guy with class gear  

tc

Conservative values here.......

McIntosh C34V completed Listing - SOLD
McIntosh MC275 completed Listing typically over $4000
JBL 2446 about  - SOLD

JBL 2482 about  - SOLD
Crites tweeters pair  - SOLD
JBL Baby cheeks  - SOLD
223 Tractrix horn made by Cigarbum pair  - SOLD
253 Tractrix horn made by Cigarbum pair  - SOLD
Khorns with built on Backs pair - SOLD
Otari MX5050 - SOLD
ALK Universal Nets - SOLD
Yamaha PF 800 TT - SOLD

Make an offer   If I didn't have this huge complete KP600 excess system in my shop.....I would have already made a deal on this setup.

jwcullison-at-yahoo.com

jc

• 2 months later...

So a start with the video above.  I have these electronics in my possession and slowly going through them.

This again was Cigarbum's reference system in his basement.  There is a Reel to Reel that I will hook up soon.

1st I would like to sell the Yamaha TT.  It works great.  Sounds amazing.  In fact, there is something about the synergy of these components together that sounds stunning.  I quickly threw these three items together with cheap cables and hooked them up to my KP-201s.  My son and I are amazed.  Now I remembered why I loved this stuff in Cigarbum's basement.  This system was mated to his Khorns.  Those Khorns are for sale to and I will add some info later on those.  They are still at his house in North Georgia.

The McIntosh C34V and the MC257 version V are for sale and I have brand new shipping boxes from McIntosh.  I'm gonna go a little slow with selling those as I still want to test out a few things.  There are no obvious scratches on the MC275 and really looks new.  Has nice tubes in there that Bob describes in his PDF at the beginning of this thread.

The preamp has the usual loss of black color around the headphone connector which i will take a picture of later.  The balance knob has a mild scratchy pot that needs a little Deoxit which i haven't addresses.  For it's age....fine unit.

jc

There are also 20 or so reel to reel tapes available.  Almost all of these appear to be brand new in plastic wrap and in the original Maxell boxes.

These could be sold with or without the reel to reel deck.

If anyone is interested let me know and I'll get some pics posted.

• 2 weeks later...

Van full of gas,moving pads,rolls of tape and furniture dolly loaded ,getting to bed early so I can get up early for. 4 hour drive to JC's to pick up turntable,preamp and reel to reel and tapes.Then then fun starts,back on the road to Bob's(Cigarbum's) to pick up his modded pair of Klipschorns.They do not have crossovers,but I have 2 options 1 is ALK cornscala universal's or Volti VTK-400's.Anybody have any suggestions.