Are these counterfeit speakers?

ecst

I bought these speakers on eBay.  The seller said that they might be Klipsch Quintets, but he wasn't sure, and that they were untested.  I received them, and while they all function, they

are not as big or as heavy as authentic Quintets.  The satellite speakers weigh a little more than two pounds each; the center speaker a little less than two pounds.  The center speaker is about 8.5 inches wide; the satellites are about seven inches high.  As you can see from the center and satellite pictures; the center driver has one, not two drivers, and looks like a rearranged version of the satellite speaker in a slightly bigger box.  

I'm sure these aren't Quintets, but could they be some lesser Klipsch speaker?  Or are they counterfeits?  I paid almost nothing for them , so I'm not too disturbed about this, but I thought they were more likely to be broken.  

Any additional information would be quite appreciated.

IMG_20180514_124334.thumb.jpg.6fa1835f9348d011e926e905308b42a7.jpg

These are the satellites/center from the Klipsch 5.1 Pro-Media Ultra computer speaker system, heres mine.

The amp/subwoofer/control  for these systems tended to die but leaving the  rest of them to live on.

When mine died a picked up a powered sub and a cheap avr and they lived on for years, they still do I have them for sale in local classifieds.

The sub had 2x 8in side firing drivers and amp was 500w rms. For $500 CAN this lil system sounded better than a lot of $1000-$1500 5.1 systems I had heard.

Ppl who came over couldn't believe they were comp speakers lol.

PMU.jpg

15 minutes ago, Frzninvt said:

The matching one to the set.

Unfortunately  the sub for these was also the amp/control ,it  had 3 3.5 inputs used to connect to 5.1 sound cards and an input for the controller (for volume bass/treble) ,and the speaker connects for . Like a sub/amp/receiver all in 1. These were the first to die so very rare to find  1.

4 hours ago, ecst said:

Thank you very much for your help; any suggestions for a subwoofer?

TBH any 8-10 in sub will do but I was using a Klipsch sw-110 and a 5.1 avr

Here,s a pic of the back of unit..this ones dead :(

pms.jpg

12 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

You could probably send the amp to Edwards Electronics for repair.  You can find them on ebay.  No affil.

I don’t think he has the amp.  Perhaps buying a refurbished one from Edwards Electronics, or buying a used one on eBay with the plan to have it refurbished makes sense.  

My ProMedia 2.1 systems sound great at my computers.  So far they have caused no problems.  Knock wood.  They’re available new from Amazon for $149, so repairing them would probably not be cost effective.