K-44e in a Cornwall II

Simple question...how well will a K-44e woofer work in a Cornwall II?  I have a chance to pick up some Cornwall IIs that have a woofer that is going to need to be replaced.  At the same time I ran across a pair of K-44e matching 15" that have just been reconed professionally.  Would those work in the Cornwall II?

I don't know the answer about the K-44e woofer for your application, but it might help others to know if you are asking about the early Cornwall II with the K-33 or the second version of the Cornwall II with the K-34E. The K-34E has a gasket on the back side the frame.

7 hours ago, pat_in_dfw said:

Simple question...how well will a K-44e woofer work in a Cornwall II?  I have a chance to pick up some Cornwall IIs that have a woofer that is going to need to be replaced.  At the same time I ran across a pair of K-44e matching 15" that have just been reconed professionally.  Would those work in the Cornwall II?

Pat,

If you are truely looking at a pair of Klipsch K-44E drivers, they only came in Klipsch Pro Klipschorn speakers, the TSCMs, and only in the later, newer TSCMs rated for 250 watts per channel. The orriginal K-33E will have more Bass at lower volumes than the Pro K-43E or TSCM K-44E. Now if you like listening at screaming volumes all of the time, or especially if you want to multi channel amplification your seperate drivers, you could then add more power to come in faster with a K-43E or K-44E at lower volumes.

Roger

You guys really need to look at the T/S parameters for the two woofers and see how they compare. 

I don't have a the specs for the K-44 handy, so you will need to do some homework. 

You can be off a bit in a sealed cabinet, but on a vented cabinet like the cornwall the specs will matter.