The Klipsch Audio Community
Sign in to follow this  
sctim

Goodwill Find

Posted (edited)

Hi , thanks for letting me join.I found a pair of Klipsch Heresy in Goodwill yesterday for 12.99 , I've read about these speakers ,but have never owned a pair, hooked them up to my Pioneer SX-850 this morning, WOW great sound.  I am posting pics , can someone tell me are these 1 or 2s, and their age, need to bring cabinets back to their glory, any suggestions, and any upgrades. Thanks

image.jpeg

Edited by sctim
No pic

welcome to the forum

HWO stands for Heresy Walnut Oil

The S in the serial number stands for 1978

Congrats

Congratulations.  More pics please.

Budman, thanks for the information.

Nice grab!!  I just bought a pair of HII's and one had water damage on the bottom for $350.  Cleaned up pretty well.  If you're looking at refinishing the veneer, I presume they're veneered, it's only about 1/32" thick.  I refinished the bottom of the one with damage and replaced a missing piece of veneer (how I know the thickness).  Surprisingly, they will take a bit of sanding.  Just be careful to not sand through.

Crites has some good upgrade goodies for these.  I'd go with the tweet diaphragms, cap upgrade, and slanted risers.

IMG_20180629_190758673_LL.jpg.4073b0415039300c474bdcb9b2cc7f7c.jpg

Repaired bottom.  Color matching was a bit of a chore, but fun.  Haven't finished over the stain yet.  Someone said they used 'tung oil'.  I may just go for a 'tung oil' variant.  Anyway, hope this gives you some ideas.  Again, sweet find.